Criminal Trials, Hearings Falsely thought to be Campus Terrorist

Status
Not open for further replies.

catecholamine

I apologize for the length of this, but these two emails are all the evidence against me. I've included a more readable word format as an attachment. I was arrested and cuffed for 8 hours by the school police and now I'm barred from campus. I was very cooperative, and do understand the need for safety. But nonetheless I did not make threats, though I can see how they may be thus perceived. TheLaw.com! Please advise!!

Hello, I'm looking for any advice or opinions you may have on a matter I consider mis-communication, and my university, which is a public school, considers harassment/threats, and "disorderly conduct". I'm just an honest student, a chemist that wants to finish school and go to grad school for medicinal chemistry; I want to help people, not harm them. It's been hard for me because each financial aid check would've moved me from Rockford, closer to school so I could succeed. But the school's made mistakes the past two years in a row. Not that I care now, I just want to finish and move on from this. I finally did receive my check a couple of days ago.

These charges stem from these emails (I've included the response emails, and at the bottom letters of support from professors, which are presumed confidential between you and me, because I don't want their names in it. I have two charges of harassment and one charge disorderly conduct. I believe one of these came from sending a copy of one (can't remember which) email to financial aid. I thought "Well, if they knew my situation they'll want to help me". The thought that all of this would happen never crossed my mind. My g/f and I giggled about it. However, now I face these charges and I don't think I can finish school. I doubt they'll let me back on even once they're dropped. Please help me! I'm not a violent person, just make dumb mistakes sometimes. I was also cuffed for 8 hours which really hurt, and I complained about it. Don't know if that makes a difference. Please let me also say that I understand the need for safety and I *AM* sorry if anyone felt threatened by me. I didn't know any specific person, but my intent was to communicate, not to intimidate or threaten. Thank you so much!!!

Email No. 1:

Dr. @#%@#$,

OK Here's the new James situation. Our account is now overdrawn -$800 and we don't get money until Friday. If we can make it through the next pay period is questionable so we're trying to save money. It's $25 for me to make it in tomorrow and I have to be to class on Friday for biology lab (I did last one on isis draw vs going on stick models).

So: Can I do the exam Friday or do you need me in tomorrow? Whatever you say I'll do. I feel guilty as hell but I mean what can I do? The more time goes on the angrier I get about financial aid? Who's the person responsible for the decision to not allow disbursement the prior spring? Even after we get money back in the account on Friday we only have $250 for TWO weeks not including car insurance and our car might be repoed again, in fact it probably will. We're going to try and work something out but they don't once its been repoed once. I'm talking to financial aid on Friday (or tomorrow) because they have me classified as having my loan applied in September even though I applied in July (I triple checked my side was done and they forgot to ask me for my disability income form). It just sucks you know? Things would be so different if that had worked out for me. I hate making excuses. Do I need to quit? If I Do I swear to god I'm going to reduce the administration building to embers. I feel so angry and frustrated it sucks. If it wasn't for you and dr kanis and dr richter I'd have
quit by now.

thanks,

James

RESPONSE No. 1:

#@is## #@#@is
Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 7:53 AM
To: James Brossard <jamesbrossardii@gmail.com>

James,

You can take the test on Friday as long as you can do it in the morning; I don't know what time your biology class is...Is it possible to take the exam at 9:30 or 10:00? I don't think it will take you very long to do. (Note, I was arrested at precisely this time.)

Dr. @##@%s

########################################################################

Email #2:

Hi Dr. Sw@#$,

I wanted to keep in touch with you, As you can see I did last lab on ISIS draw I hope this was ok. I have both genetics problem sets complete and should be able to complete both problem sets 3 today I'm caught up on everything else so this is my sprint to the goal line to complete the biology work.

As far as student aid, though I applied in July, the missing information wasn't in until sep (my social security), so I am therefore classified as applying at that time. Again, I checked back not less than THREE TIMES AT FINANCIAL AID!!! to verify I was ready for my loan, then I was excited to get it stood in line and- what's this? They forgot something!!!!! There's only ONE person processing forms, which means it could be weeks before they return my information to Sallie Mae, and then another 1-2 weeks to receive the check. I'm extremely angry with them this has happened a second year and I got fucked out of my biochemistry I grade last fall among other things. I'm so pissed off at administration they ruin people's lives with their policies. As of today, it still says "Waiting on certification from school". It's been a month since I OFFICIALLY applied (9/18). Now I can't even move because of overdrawn accounts, etc. I sold my mother's handgun (she's in a nursing home), textbooks, etc to get money to keep the car another month. Now we don't know if it will be there the next morning so we park in the garage where it's locked from being taken. Working Wal-Mart over the summer wasn't enough money to move. I Want to find who's responsible for delaying disbursement 30 days as opposed to the prior semester (as everyone else I talks to gets) and kill them, with my hands. I have nothing left and applied to get back at wal-mart.

Anyways, that's what it is.

respectfully.

James Brossard

RESPONSE:

<@#%ier@csu.edu> Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 12:36 PM
To: James Brossard <jamesbrossardii@gmail.com>
Cc: @#$@#%
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
James:

I got your chem work and you did OK on Exam #2 covering the genetics...that is good...you obviously know this stuff.

We are doing a lab this Friday and next...you really need to be in class for that.

Prof Sw@#%

#####################################################################

EMAILS AFTER ARREST, IN SUPPORT:

(from a science chair. this is the professor I know well)

James,

I am very sorry this happened, it was not my call. We will do all we can to help you graduate, and since you have completed many of your lab classes - I assume we can do it. Dr. @#%@ and I will get together on Monday, see what you have left to finish, and we will come up with suggestions.

We are behind you,

@#% @#%@

At 02:16 AM 10/18/2008, you wrote:

> I'm not allowed back on campus until I get a letter of approval, I
> don't know when that will be, hopefully soon after my court date. Well
> I guess the transportation problems are solved! I understand caution
> but common sense also has a place. If they don't drop the misdemeanor

Dr. asdfa @#$
Professor of Chemistry
Chair, Department of Chemistry and Physics
Chicago State University
9501 S. King Drive
Chicago, IL 60628

I'm so confused.

The 2 letters you wrote are perfectly acceptable to all sane individuals. . .

If you're getting booted for just those 2 e-mails You have a definate civil case against the university. It's so ridiculous it might even be of interest to the media.

How did the University know about these e-mails, anyway? Somebody must have forwarded them onward. . .

am I missing something?

You're James, I take it?

Taken out of context, I suppose the "I swear to god I'm going to reduce the administration building to embers...I'm extremely angry with them, I got fucked out of my biochemistry I grade... I'm so pissed off... I want to find who's responsible and kill them with my hands" bits could be taken as threats. Taken IN context, I wouldn't be surprised either. Why don't you give us the context and not just the emails?

There also appears to be a third email (at least) from you to the university regarding this situation - the one which is partially quoted in the response from the science chair.

The university might automatically monitor email for references to things like guns.

Ugh. I must have been napping, I didn't read
If I Do I swear to god I'm going to reduce the administration building to embers. I feel so angry and frustrated it sucks. If it wasn't for you and dr kanis and dr richter I'd have
quit by now.

Universities are on hightened alert due to school violence. . . please disregard my previous replies.

I would think the best avenue for the University would be for you to come in and talk to the Dean or someone else to assess the situation. . . but I understand their reaction.

Again, sorry for my previous response. I was distracted. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back