falsely terminated for sexual harrasment

Status
Not open for further replies.

flopem999

I know that this is a right to work state. I recently have been working for this company for 5 years and recently pulled in te h office and fired for sexual harrasment I was t old that a female employee felt uncomfortable because I hit her rear end with my hand. I told my boss that I did not do this at all that I remember the day well and what I did is was going to pat her on the back but in doing so I brushed her rear end keep in mind that this lady is about 6 foot 6 And I am 5 foot 7 so the possibility is there she I approximately 60 I am in my 40s after the incident happened is was brought to my attention that they recently had to move a certain item due to the fact that there was no visual tips certain area from the camera and this is where the incident happened then . Another detail emerged of an employee that is still working there that was committing sexual harrasment and was given a last chance to be employed meaning anything happens and he is done. One last detail the company just lost a lawsuit in another state for not doing anything about an employee tree it was embarrassed. I am not an attorney but I feel I have a strong case and . Can definitely win . Please help

You can speak to any local attorney and see what the lawyer thinks of your case.
If you have a case, trust me friend, you'll have to shoo the lawyers away like flies.

Based on what you have posted you do not even have a weak case. In 49 states out of 50 (and the 50th state is NOT Arizona) you can be fired because the day of the week ends in Y. (Right to work has nothing at all to do with your situation.)

Keep your hands to yourself. Even a pat on the back can be inappropriate if the recipient does not want you to touch her.

You touched a coworker inappropriately. You can be fired in every single state. You have zero recourse to sue your employer for anything. This is not wrongful termination. Best to just keep your hands to yourself and seek other employment.

This was not a wrongful termination. In at-will employment you can be terminated at any time for any reason except a reason prohibited by law (ie age, religion, gender......) or unless you have a binding employment contract to the contrary.

You can file for unemployment ins. The state will decide if you qualify.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back