Falsely Charged and arrested

Daisy85

Jurisdiction
Florida
In December of 2015. I was stopped at a red light. When the light turned green, I apparently did not move forward quickly enough. The couple behind me immediately laid on their horn. I got so frazzeled that I had to restart my car (it has a manual transmission). Once I finally got going the couple chased me down for 2 or 3 miles honking at me and sometimes pulling up beside me to yell at me. They called the cops and reported a hit and run. There were no other cars around at this time and the cop did not witness any of this. The officer showed up at my home 2 hours after the incident, threatening to arrest me, with tickets for improper backing and leaving the scene of an accident that he had written an hour prior. On the tickets he stated that there was an accident and $3,000 in damage. ($1,000 to the other and $2,000 to my car) without ever even seeing my car. After the cop left I immediately called my insurance company and explained to them that I needed to file a claim for an accident that never actually happened. My insurance examined and took photographs of both cars within the next two days. They ultimately dropped the claim due to both cars have $0 in damage. I showed the letter stating this to the judge. She asked the prosecuting attorney to look into it. At my next (3rd) court date the state attorney informed me that they had significant evidence to prosecute and wanted me to plead guilty. When I refused and requested a trial I was told I had an attitude and was arrested for failure to appear. I spent the day in jail. After that I hired a lawyer and 4 months later all charges were dismissed. But I am know thousands of dollars in debt and in fear of losing my job because I am having trouble getting the false arrest expunged (due to a dui I got in Missouri in 2005). I want to sue both the person who falsely accused me and the cop who blatantly lied. As well as get an administrative expungement. I am having trouble figuring out what type of lawyer will take this case.

"I want to sue both the person who falsely accused me and the cop who blatantly lied. As well as get an administrative expungement. I am having trouble figuring out what type of lawyer will take this case."

Any lawyer will take about ten grand to sue Donald Duck, Daffy Duck, too, and if you wanna, that damn Wile E. Coyote, too.

Before you drop some serious cheddar, I suggest you Google this phrase: "WILL AN EXPUNGEMENT IN FLORIDA RESTORE MY ONCE GOOD NAME" or "Will a FL expungement cleanse my criminal record"

Back