Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant False warrant

A

Art1985

Jurisdiction
Tennessee
I was arrested Sunday for aggravated domestic assault and reckless endangerment, due to me firing a warning shot away from my estranged husband. Well our car was repoed and now he called the cops and falsely accused me of taking the car and the commissioner has issued a warrant out for my arrest. I am on camera sitting in the managers office 20 minutes away from where the car was and where he lives. What can I do other than turning myself in. Please help!

Judges (not commissioners) issue warrants if they find that there is probable cause.

An arrest doesn't mean you're guilty. Hire yourself an attorney.

I was arrested Sunday for aggravated domestic assault and reckless endangerment, due to me firing a warning shot away from my estranged husband. Well our car was repoed and now he called the cops and falsely accused me of taking the car and the commissioner has issued a warrant out for my arrest. I am on camera sitting in the managers office 20 minutes away from where the car was and where he lives. What can I do other than turning myself in. Please help!

Watch this helpful primer for all defendants:

You cooperate with the police, attend to the warrant, appear in court as instructed, plead NOT guilty, don't try to explain, ask the court if you qualify for a public defender, say nothing about your case, consult with YOUR lawyer, cooperate with your lawyer in building a defense, stop discussing any aspect of the allegation, stay crime free during the pendency of the charge, let the legal system take its course.

Back