false pretenses

mky197925

I was hired via contract by this company and was given the title of leadman at a certain salary amount in the contract. At the time of the interview I was told by my manager that once I took over a shift in the department I would be compensated accordingly and my title would change, I agreed to the terms and signed the contract. 4 months into the job I was told I was hired in as a supervisor and when I asked for compensation I was told the company frowned on it. I asked again and again and feel like I have been deceived by this company. I uprooted my family from one city and have spent every dime I had on the move and am now stuck in my cituation slowly sinking more and more into debt. Do I have a case?

You can take the contract to an employment or contract attorney in your area & see if the contract was breached. Good luck.

The question is whether your contract is a written contract which has terms. Otherwise you'll have problems proving the terms and your reliance upon those promises. Do consider that if you don't have an agreement that covers you, your employment may be "at will" and you might be terminated. That can happen with or without reason and then you'll need to look for a job and potentially try to sue your old employer. Hopefully you've got a written contract of employment. Good luck.

You said you signed the contract. I might mention that sometimes what employees believe is a contract really isn't. It could have just been an offer letter (for example) which "generally" does not rise to the level of a binding employment contract. You need a lawyer to review it. Good luck.

Back