false noise complaint

Dona

Jurisdiction
Texas
I was woken up by police banging at my door and I opened it and they told me they had revieced and anonymous phone call that they heard yelling coming from my house and wanted to see if I was okay. my male remate then came out and was confused as I, long story short, the police officer realized that there was nothing wrong and left. although nothing happened and the police man just left, I am pretty sure I know who called. am I able to find out who made this call because it was false? if I do can I press charges for a false report? how far could the charges go? or am I not able to get the anonymous number or name from the report by some law? if I could would I need a lawyer for that?

I was woken up by police banging at my door and I opened it and they told me they had revieced an anonymous phone call that they heard yelling coming from my house and wanted to see if I was okay. my male remate then came out and was confused as I, long story short, the police officer realized that there was nothing wrong and left. although nothing happened and the police man just left, I am pretty sure I know who called. am I able to find out who made this call because it was false? if I do can I press charges for a false report? how far could the charges go? or am I not able to get the anonymous number or name from the report by some law? if I could would I need a lawyer for that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Some times the police don't get a number, or a name when a person calls "911".

Call the local police agency, ask them your question.

I suggest you ignore it, let it go, enjoy the wonderful holiday season.

I am pretty sure I know who called. am I able to find out who made this call because it was false? if I do can I press charges for a false report? how far could the charges go? or am I not able to get the anonymous number or name from the report by some law? if I could would I need a lawyer for that?

I can almost guarantee that the police know the identity of the caller via their sophisticated caller ID system, unless the caller used a burner phone.

However, your chances of getting that information are probably ZERO unless you want to spend $5000 to $10,000 on a lawyer.

You decide how important it is to you to make trouble for this person, keeping in mind that escalating the hostility is not necessarily a good idea.

Back