false negative review on google, any way to fight back

Hi

A friend of mine has a car wrap shop. The client wrapped his Mercedes sedan. everything looked good and then left a very negative review. He didn't even contact the business to talk over if the issue could be fixed. The owner tried contacting the client, but no response. The owner thinks it's a tactic to scare people into giving a refund. But the guy didn't even ask for a refund or made any contacts so it's very puzzling.

Is there any recourse from this.

Your friend can try contacting whatever site the review appears on and seeing if it can be taken down. However, unless the review contains false statements of fact (as opposed to opinions), there's no legal issue. Negative reviews are part of life when you own a business.

P.S. I'm not clicking your link, but if it's a link to the review, then I have to wonder if your friend would be too happy about you further publishing the review to who knows how many people.

Yes, your friend should post a response rebutting the comments and posting that photo of the car to show how good it looks.

The customer may have just given your friend an opportunity for some free advertising.

Your friend might also want to look at Yelp and YP in case the customer posted multiple reviews.

Back