Consumer Law, Warranties False information given

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickojacobs

Hi,

I'm currently in flight training. I am travelling between Ireland and Florida. Last December I was waiting for an flight test with an examiner but was told by the representative of the flight school that I would not be able to complete my exam before I was due to return to Ireland. Another student who was behind me in the training who was signed up after I was had no problem getting his test, he flew home on the same day I did. Because of this I was forced to fly back out to Florida to complete my training in January. Between flights and expenses I was out of pocket by about €1500.

After finding out the information I had been given by one of their representatives was incorrect I deducted the amount from the next payment that I made to them. I sent a letter detailing my reasons for this. I heard nothing back so assumed everything was ok.

2 weeks ago I received a call from the manager at the school stating that my account was in arrears to the amount that I had deducted from the cheque. I explained to her the situation, she acknowledged the receipt of the letter but a copy of it was not kept. I sent an email outlining the reasons I withheld the money from them in detail. To which I received a response that completely ignored the issue at hand and demanded payment of the money within 14 days or my training would be put on hold.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows where exactly I might stand on this point legally.

Thanks,
Mick

Why did they delay your training? What does the information not being correct mean? This is the key. If they made a mistake delaying your training and causing you foreseeable damages, then that's the point you have to make where a simple "sorry" just won't do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back