False information before move in

A

April.h88

Jurisdiction
California
Before move in specific questions ere asked about online rent payment. I had asked if I would be able to pay with a Visa credit card and what the convince fee would be. The employee writing up our agreement said we would be able to pay with it with no extra fee. I even asked her repeatedly to verify because she was so unsure. She asked another worker and said she verified the information. Upon signing in online to pay the water/sewage payment, there was a $44 fee to use the visa. I called the office to verify if this was correct and why I was told there was no fee before I signed the lease. They told me i was given wrong information and that the person who gave me the information was a temporary worker.
A week later I sign on again to pay the rent and the option for visa is no longer available. I lowered the amount o of payment until visa became available and the highest amount allowed is $1,400. My rent is $17,88.89. I called the office to ask if they knew about the amount cap and they didn't not know about it. They then said I can't do partial payments either. No one informed us of any of this before move in. I would like to break lease now. Do I have a case to be able to leave without paying the $2,000 fee to break the lease?

Back