False charge of HAZARDOUS ENTRY ONTO HIGHWAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rilo1025

My 11yr old daughter and I were going to Lake Isabella when we made a wrong turn @ Hwy 184. A few miles down, I turned on Reynolds st, made a 3 point turn and stopped just before the stop sign to look at the directions my self. My daughter had been reading the directions to me while I was driving up to that point. We realized that we went the wrong way so I rolled up to the stop sign. A car went by and there was a BIG RIG truck coming at about 850 feet away. I made my left turn and got parallel in the lane with about 100 feet left between the big rig and I. The officer was directly behind the big rig and right next to the hwy is a chain link that starts @ about 100 feet from the corner of Reynolds and continues appoximately 2000 feet along the highway. The hwy is only two lanes total. The officer couldn't of seen me at all. He said that he stopped me because the big rig put on his brakes but the truck didn't look like he slowed significantly to me. If anything, he must have slowed as a precaution. The officer was probably trying to read the big rig's license plate at the time and was to close to the truck. He wrote me up in violation of 21804 (a) entry onto a hwy from a public or private property. But, I entered from Reynolds street. In compliance with 21802 (a). He just assumed that I pulled over to the side of the road just past Reynolds where there is lots of room to turn about. I have a friend who pulled over on the freeway to change a tire and a car hit his car from behind and killed his family. That's why I didn't pull over to the side of the hwy. A residential street is a much safer bet.
When I go before the judge at the hearing I want to ask to have the case dismissed because:
-the officer's view was completly obstructed and couldn't of witnessed my left turn until I got to the other side of the highway
-I made a left from a pulic road in compliance with 21802 but he wote me up for violating 21804
How do I phrase it when I address it to the judge?
Do I say I'd like to make a motion to dismiss this case? And how do I phase my basis?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back