Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant false arrest, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

karies25

Ok here is my story. I was driving with some friends in a different city, and we were lost and I accidentely turned down a one-way street. I quickly turned around, but got pulled over minutes later. When the officer pulled me over we told him the situation. He started looking in my eyes, and then started doing tests on my eyes with his pen. I was nervous because I had smoked weed about 2 hours prior. He told me to step out of the vehicle. I did and he asked me if I had been drinking, which I hadn't. I told him that I had taken a vicodin, because I just had back surgery. He then proceeded to give me every sobriety test in the book, which I passed flawlessly. He gave me a breathalyzer, which showed nothing. He then said to me, "I don't believe that you are just on vicodin, so this is your last chance to come clean". I figured if I didn't tell him about the weed, he'd find out anyway, so I did. But then he said that it wasn't weed that I was on, that it had to be something else! He prodded me to tell him what else I was on, even though there was nothing. He then proceeded to handcuff me and arrest me, and when I asked why, even though I passed every test, he said he knew I was lying about the supposed other drugs. He took me to the station, at which point the other officers searched my car (finding nothing) and then towed it, leaving my friends on the street. At the station he went through another barrage of tests, and finally gave me a urine test. He charged me with "under the influence of a controlled substance", and said the whole thing would be dropped if the test came back negative for a controlled substance, which it will. Then he just let me go! I had to spend $300 to get my car back. Is this false arrest? Can I at least get money for my car? Please help!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back