False Accusation of Theft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frustrated21

I do not know what i should do... Can anyone give me any advice on how to handle this situation. Here is some personal background; i would not consider myself a bad person, but i have made some bad decisions. If u were to ask my true friends and family, they would tell you that i am an honest and caring person. I have been struggling with addiction for some time now and have done some things that i am not proud of while under the influence.
Here is the story; i was at a friends house and while under the influence, shamefully took some money that did not belong to me. The money was discovered and taken back. In the aftermath of this stupid mistake i have been accused of stealing some jewelry that i did not take. I have been begging the accuser to believe me, apologized countless times for what i have done, and have told them every wrong doing that i ever did to them, but they insist that i did this when i didnt. I dont know how to prove to them that i didnt steal any jewelry from them. I do not even know what the jewelry in question looks like. Please Help:(

All you can do is tell the truth - that you didn't take it. If they get the police involved, ask for a lawyer & do not admit to anything.

Either return the jewelry, tell them where the jewelry was sold, or tell them who took the jewelry.
Since you have already stolen from them they have every reason to believe you have this information.
As above, don't say anything at all if police are involved.

Thank you for the advice. I understand that they do have reason to believe i did it, which is why i feel like a horrible person, but i have always been honest with them and anyone else involved when i have done anything dishonest while not in my right mind. I have admitted everything, but i cant admit to something i didnt do. The police have not been involved yet. I dont think they will involve the police for the simple fact that they themselves have done some dishonest things but they are trying to get me to give them money for the missing jewelry. I cant tell them where it is or who took it because i have no idea and im not going to pay for something that i didnt take. Thanks again for the advice, i appreciate it.

I do not know what i should do... Can anyone give me any advice on how to handle this situation. Here is some personal background; i would not consider myself a bad person, but i have made some bad decisions. If u were to ask my true friends and family, they would tell you that i am an honest and caring person. I have been struggling with addiction for some time now and have done some things that i am not proud of while under the influence.
Here is the story; i was at a friends house and while under the influence, shamefully took some money that did not belong to me. The money was discovered and taken back. In the aftermath of this stupid mistake i have been accused of stealing some jewelry that i did not take. I have been begging the accuser to believe me, apologized countless times for what i have done, and have told them every wrong doing that i ever did to them, but they insist that i did this when i didnt. I dont know how to prove to them that i didnt steal any jewelry from them. I do not even know what the jewelry in question looks like. Please Help:(

If you're smart, you simply stop blabbing.

A fish gets caught because it opens its big mouth to take the juicy bait.

If you don't talk, you usually walk.

Just because someone asks a question doesn't mean you need to answer. Keep your mouth shut, get into rehab, and fix yourself.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back