False abuse allegations and strong-arming via court

Glassman2019

Jurisdiction
Ohio
Im just looking for a little bit of help, maybe missing something.
A year ago, my SO was falsely accused of pinching my son's nipple (not brutally, no traumatic injury and no memory of such a thing) by my ex's mother. Report followed after ex had four days with our child exclusively and 4 days after learning of a new baby due soon after. Report was only filed 15 min after the exchange when confronted for hygiene neglect of said child (7 yr. Old allowed to sit in poop at every exchange that has no medical reason). Grandma denies all, kids tattled on other parent and grandma. This has been on going for years. Professionals agree this is neglect and lazy. Repeat complaints only to be met with no attempts to curb the issue whatsoever. Anyway, grandma contacted family friend at sheriffs office. Her report makes little sense. SO was arrested without any investigation, detective reviewed it and stated no invest was done and the body of the complaint had no merit for an arrest. Court agrees, no merit. Case dismissed with prejudice. Once the other party was informed it was being thrown out, they went to the custody lawyer. Lawyer states it's not worth pursuing. So, they get a different one that takes anything. No new evidence, none actually other than the early case docket omitting the dismissal. Other party wants sole custody and only sole after i have held majority time share and childsupport for many years. Deposition held. Ex stated that they were the one that filed the report (not so), that they had filed this the day they picked child up for the weekend visit (4 days later, not day of) and claimed I was confronted that 1st day about it (phone records prove otherwise). Then they admitted the children were playing ALONE, outside together for SEVERAL hours before a small bruise (dime sized) was noticed and SO allegedly blamed.

GAL doesn't see any reason to alter schedule or arrangements and does not believe the tall tale. SO actually didn't see the child beyond 1 hour that week leading up to it due to work. Couldn't have done it. Childs doctor agrees the timing isn't consistent with the mark according during my visit. There have been several (about 9) previous false calls by the same parties allegeding abuse that were weird and outright proven false. History of nastiness that is literally unwarranted. Constant harassing via court (motions submitted and dismissed) for petty matters, refusal by other party to follow court order starting just days after agreeing to it, etc.. this is after the grandmother's grown daughter (aunt) throwing the same child on their head and walking off Scott free (friends in police dept). Years of nasty threats when I follow the agreed to holiday plan. Years of being followed and watched at home and work. Years of defamation. And hearing that they were trying to coach an innocent child into hating me (CPS recorded this).

Whew. To now. I get a message saying they will only end court battles if I agree to their terms. Which are: end child support (I make 23k/yr vs 75k/yr they think I make more somehow), I not see our child at all on Christmas eve, Christmas day, new years day and small part of Easter, that they assume majority (75%) physical custody, they get the whole week of a yearly fair exclusively every year and other holidays determined according to their suggested schedule only. This person only actually had our child 1/4 or 1/3 nights a week that they were granted by choice and not related to work. Grandmother spoke freely of this until it backfired with the GAL. The Other parent wanted to party for 6 years freely instead of being a parent. Statements have been made directly by the other parent, repeatedly, that they didn't want to pay child support and wouldn't stop until they took my rights away and ended it (no living expenses for them living at home making 75k/yr vs 20k-ish).

No way in hell would I ever agree to it. The false allegation cost us 10k. Wiped out the funds that I've worked so hard for to buy a home. I was trying to close a deal on a house right when this happened and getting married. They knew this. The grandmother is a control freak. The entire family shows up to pretrials without invite by court. Talking 8 people not related to the case. It's weird. It's a circus. Saving for a new attorney. In the mean time, I'm trying to sort files out. I've saved every message, nasty voicemail, etc for the last 6 years just in case. I'm generally a calm person... this stuff is almost laughable.

You do not appear to be the problem.
You are not the one that touched a child's nipple to whom the person is not related.

Your SO, whatever that means, it means NOTHING legally.

Your issue is NOT with the other parent, it is with the one you laid hands on a child's body parts that most parents will not touch.

I suggest you ditch the person who likes to touch the exposed nipples of a child.

You dump that person, I suspect this situation can be solved.

Of course, I would have dumped such a person the moment I doscovered the MISBEHAVIOR by calling the police or sheriff.

Mothers and fathers TRUST no one with your babies.

You are not the one that touched a child's nipple to whom the person is not related.

Your issue is NOT with the other parent, it is with the one you laid hands on a child's body parts that most parents will not touch.

I suggest you ditch the person who likes to touch the exposed nipples of a child.

Of course, I would have dumped such a person the moment I doscovered the MISBEHAVIOR by calling the police or sheriff.

You didn't read it. SO meaning significant other. Significant other has NEVER done such a thing. They wouldnt have been around at the time this allegedly happened. They were on camera at WORK. The bruise was made within the time the child would have been at the other parents home for visitation, not my home.

It was a fabrication intended to deter attention from a case opened against the other parent and grandmother for neglect and custody evaluation against them.

It appears their partner did not actually touch the child inappropriately it was a false accusation.

Im just looking for a little bit of help, maybe missing something.
A year ago, my SO was falsely accused of pinching my son's nipple (not brutally, no traumatic injury and no memory of such a thing) by my ex's mother. Report followed after ex had four days with our child exclusively and 4 days after learning of a new baby due soon after. Report was only filed 15 min after the exchange when confronted for hygiene neglect of said child (7 yr. Old allowed to sit in poop at every exchange that has no medical reason). Grandma denies all, kids tattled on other parent and grandma. This has been on going for years. Professionals agree this is neglect and lazy. Repeat complaints only to be met with no attempts to curb the issue whatsoever. Anyway, grandma contacted family friend at sheriffs office. Her report makes little sense. SO was arrested without any investigation, detective reviewed it and stated no invest was done and the body of the complaint had no merit for an arrest. Court agrees, no merit. Case dismissed with prejudice. Once the other party was informed it was being thrown out, they went to the custody lawyer. Lawyer states it's not worth pursuing. So, they get a different one that takes anything. No new evidence, none actually other than the early case docket omitting the dismissal. Other party wants sole custody and only sole after i have held majority time share and childsupport for many years. Deposition held. Ex stated that they were the one that filed the report (not so), that they had filed this the day they picked child up for the weekend visit (4 days later, not day of) and claimed I was confronted that 1st day about it (phone records prove otherwise). Then they admitted the children were playing ALONE, outside together for SEVERAL hours before a small bruise (dime sized) was noticed and SO allegedly blamed.

GAL doesn't see any reason to alter schedule or arrangements and does not believe the tall tale. SO actually didn't see the child beyond 1 hour that week leading up to it due to work. Couldn't have done it. Childs doctor agrees the timing isn't consistent with the mark according during my visit. There have been several (about 9) previous false calls by the same parties allegeding abuse that were weird and outright proven false. History of nastiness that is literally unwarranted. Constant harassing via court (motions submitted and dismissed) for petty matters, refusal by other party to follow court order starting just days after agreeing to it, etc.. this is after the grandmother's grown daughter (aunt) throwing the same child on their head and walking off Scott free (friends in police dept). Years of nasty threats when I follow the agreed to holiday plan. Years of being followed and watched at home and work. Years of defamation. And hearing that they were trying to coach an innocent child into hating me (CPS recorded this).

Whew. To now. I get a message saying they will only end court battles if I agree to their terms. Which are: end child support (I make 23k/yr vs 75k/yr they think I make more somehow), I not see our child at all on Christmas eve, Christmas day, new years day and small part of Easter, that they assume majority (75%) physical custody, they get the whole week of a yearly fair exclusively every year and other holidays determined according to their suggested schedule only. This person only actually had our child 1/4 or 1/3 nights a week that they were granted by choice and not related to work. Grandmother spoke freely of this until it backfired with the GAL. The Other parent wanted to party for 6 years freely instead of being a parent. Statements have been made directly by the other parent, repeatedly, that they didn't want to pay child support and wouldn't stop until they took my rights away and ended it (no living expenses for them living at home making 75k/yr vs 20k-ish).

No way in hell would I ever agree to it. The false allegation cost us 10k. Wiped out the funds that I've worked so hard for to buy a home. I was trying to close a deal on a house right when this happened and getting married. They knew this. The grandmother is a control freak. The entire family shows up to pretrials without invite by court. Talking 8 people not related to the case. It's weird. It's a circus. Saving for a new attorney. In the mean time, I'm trying to sort files out. I've saved every message, nasty voicemail, etc for the last 6 years just in case. I'm generally a calm person... this stuff is almost laughable.

What's your question?

It appears their partner did not actually touch the child inappropriately it was a false accusation.

That's one side of the story, isn't it?

I'm sure the adversaries have a different take on the matter.

Nevertheless, I took no chances with my kids.

The mere hint of any impropriety, I took action.

In my narrow view, there was nothing I wouldn't do to protect my kids from any harm.

That was my attitude all throughout my army career, there was nothing i wouldn't do to honor my oath.

I feel the same way about my oath, as I still do about my kids, who are now adults.

What's your question?
Well, i paid an attorney that didn't even show up to court. Looking for a new one. Awaiting trial set for early next year.

Any idea on how to combat this issue well? The other parent is willing to go this far, and more than once, to make serious waves. I'm worried about what's next. I feel like they were "shopping around" for a conviction that won't happen. This person is stating they will only quit if I end child support and agree to give up a lot of time, which is not okay at all.

That's one side of the story, isn't it?

I'm sure the adversaries have a different take on the matter.

Nevertheless, I took no chances with my kids.

The mere hint of any impropriety, I took action.

In my narrow view, there was nothing I wouldn't do to protect my kids from any harm.

That was my attitude all throughout my army career, there was nothing i wouldn't do to honor my oath.

I feel the same way about my oath, as I still do about my kids, who are now adults.

Well it seemed there was no evidence, her partner wasn't even anywhere near the child the day of the alleged incident but with the other parent I would think it's safe to say it's a false allegation. "A year ago, my SO was falsely accused of pinching my son's nipple (not brutally, no traumatic injury and no memory of such a thing) by my ex's mother. Report followed after ex had four days with our child exclusively"

It seems that it was a revenge accusation by the ex's mother. That does happen...more than it should with people making false accusations of abuse out of spite.

That's like the story one of the other SARCs told me that a company commander was accused by a female soldier of sexual assault. She was adamant that he assaulted her - the only problem is the day that she alleged it happened he was in NTC in Fort Irwin...she was at Ft Riley...not likely to have been possible. If the OP's child was exclusively with the other parent for four days straight then her partner couldn't have done what he was accused.

Well, i paid an attorney that didn't even show up to court. Looking for a new one. Awaiting trial set for early next year.

Any idea on how to combat this issue well? The other parent is willing to go this far, and more than once, to make serious waves. I'm worried about what's next. I feel like they were "shopping around" for a conviction that won't happen. This person is stating they will only quit if I end child support and agree to give up a lot of time, which is not okay at all.

Look for lawyers who offer free consultations and go from there.

Back