Trademark Fake products - lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

yotam1

hi.
For the last 3 months, I have been selling a specific product on several online auction websites.
I was drop-shipping that product from a supplier located in China, directly to my buyers.
I believed the product was authentic, but this morning, I receive a strange email about a lawsuit that was filed against my supplier for selling fake items.
However, for some reason they are also sending this email to anybody who sold this item. The report itself said they bought this item from many sellers including me, to determine if the goods are original or not.
needless to say, I immediately stopped selling this item, pulled all my auctions. But I am still quite unsure - are they suing me or the supplier?
They attached to this email many pdf files with different part of the lawsuit. They want the people listed there to come to the court. But I live in the Middle East and this email if from the court in New York. Am I affected by the laws in the United States?
Also it's important that I am not selling the fake goods anymore.
Hope for your answer, Thanks.

You can ignore a lawsuit based in the US.

You are untouchable by the short arms of any US court.

I doubt that, even if you continued selling this junk, that anyone in the US could sue you.

So, if I were you, I'd simply ignore those empty threats you received.

By the way, I knw of no country on ths earth that notifies potential defendants of pending lawsuits via email!

More than likely you were spammed by a scammer.

However, it doesn't matter either way, if you just ignore these toothless threats!!!

hi, thank you very much for the useful answer.
Today I got an email from paypal, saying my account was closed "until I resolve my legal proceedings". So I guess it wasn't a scam email but a real lawsuit.
Since they involved paypal in this, can they sue me this way? (because paypal has an office in my country).
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back