Fake Cheque

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibukun

Jurisdiction
Ontario
Someone managed to get a hold of my debit card information and used my card to deposit a fake check. They now left me with $300 debt to the bank. Now the thing is I know the person that did it they go to my school and it turns out they have been scamming other people too. I just want to know if the police can help me get rid of my debt and put it all on the scammer or maybe bring justice to them.

Someone managed to get a hold of my debit card information and used my card to deposit a fake check. They now left me with $300 debt to the bank. Now the thing is I know the person that did it they go to my school and it turns out they have been scamming other people too. I just want to know if the police can help me get rid of my debt and put it all on the scammer or maybe bring justice to them.
This site is for United States Law only.

I just want to know if the police can help me get rid of my debt and put it all on the scammer or maybe bring justice to them.

You're asking for speculation and a prediction which nobody can do, even in the US.

But what you should do is:

1 - Report it to the police.

2 - Report it to your bank under whatever fraudulent transaction procedure your bank has, which can be found in your accountholder's agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back