Failure to Yield!

M

Ms. Rosd

Jurisdiction
Connecticut
I had an accident where I was making a left hand turn and a car traveling straight with no lights on at 7pm hit the passenger back door with his right front bumper. The officers responded and spent the entire time with the other gentleman had him in the back of the squad car until someone else came to drive his car home. They never spoke with me. The officer came over and handed me a ticket for a failure to yield to oncoming traffic. I asked the officer why I was receiving a ticket and he said you both got one and walked away. I pled not guilty and went to court. They threw the ticket out his exact words after reviewing photos was I had control of the intersection based on point of contact . My insurance accepted liability before I finished fighting the ticket how do I obtain proof that the ticket was found not guilty for my insurance company?

Go back to the courthouse and ask for a document showing that the ticket was dismissed. You might also check the other driver's case to see what happened to his citation. If he was found guilty, that might help to get your insurance company to reverse its decision.

No guarantees though.

The only sure way to absolve yourself of civil liability is to sue the other driver and get a judgment against him if your insurance company won't change its decision.

Agreed. The answer you seek is at the court.
You might also call your insurance and just tell them what happened. THey might have the means to easily get this info as well.

I pled not guilty and went to court. They threw the ticket out his exact words after reviewing photos was I had control of the intersection based on point of contact . My insurance accepted liability before I finished fighting the ticket how do I obtain proof that the ticket was found not guilty for my insurance company?

Who was HE?

If HE was a judge, HIS clerk can provide you PROOF of what he did.

Back