Failure to Yield/Improper Turn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jinatsuko

My girlfriend and I were trying to find our way around Johnson City, we were using a map, so my attention was somewhat divided. However, I thought I was in the proper lane for turning, I turned as I normally would and as I did I saw two cop cars behind me. Apparently I was in the wrong lane for turning. The road structure in Johnson city wasn't very friendly as their are lots of one way streets and not very good placement of signs and street directions. I was wrote up a citation and sent on my way (after asking the officer for directions to the local Mall, which was our destination.) The officer seemed very unpleasant about the whole ordeal, so I profusely apologized, however, I did not apologize for what I had done, mainly because I do not understand what exactly happened. I was simply trying to be courteous. The particular turn I was trying to execute was down a street with a railroad crossing beside it, and I wasn't sure were the turn was (very unfamiliar area, as I have never been to that part of Tennessee.) It's nearly my court date, and my financial resources are very slim at the moment. What advice can you recommend, mainly about the cheapest way to proceed? Do these kinds of charges have any sort of payment staggering options? Will I be able to reduce the fine by discussing this with the judge at the hearing? I have bills to pay and very little income, unfortunately. I have one prior traffic ticket, which was a minor speeding ticket over a year ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back