Failed to notify me of custody hearing

S

Sorbo2424

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
My ex petitioned to modify out shared custody agreement. A letter was sent to me on the 6th of February and I did not receive it until the 9th (we check our mail everyday). The conciliation hearing had been scheduled for the 8th at 11am. I had no idea this was going on. Because I had not shown up my ex made false statements about me, saying I neglect my daughter, I'm unstable, she's in danger while living with me, I always go to the bar and get into bar fights etc. So, he was awarded what he wanted which is me only have her Tuesday after school until Thursday morning. He threatened to take me for child support if I try to fight this new order. My daughter is well taken care of. Every single day of my time I'm home with her, she is happy. Our agreement was shared for 3 years and always stayed the same and he all of a sudden changed everything without my knowledge. He has the mediator disgusted with my "behavior", although everything he said was a complete lie on my character. He stated that my fiancé and I physically fight constantly and he's scared for my daughters wellbeing, and that is not at all true. He has no proof of his allegations, it's all total hearsay. I have a plethora of pictures and videos of my daughter running around happy here, my home is clean and organized and poses no threat, my daughter is extremely well taken care of here and that is evident by all the things she's been spoiled with and her being well put together at all times. My iPhone logs my location and since December 24 I have been nowhere but stores, my past job, and my home during my time with my daughter. When I don't have my daughter, there has been a couple times I've gone out, but I'm a 24 year old adult and in no way raises eyebrows when I do decide to go have a night off and have fun. I'm not sure what my options are or what to do.

I'm not sure what my options are or what to do.

Your options are known to you, HIRE a lawyer to contest the decision.
The court doesn't care what information can be proven by the iPhone's location.
Why?
All that proves is that the iPhone was somewhere, which isn't at all dispositive or probative as to your whereabouts.
But, none of that nonsense matters, which is why you require a licensed attorney to litigate this for you in your state.
Otherwise, he will file for child support, but the longer he waits the farther back he can date his claim.

Hire the lawyer, or receive more of what you have already received, losses.

My ex petitioned to modify out shared custody agreement. A letter was sent to me on the 6th of February and I did not receive it until the 9th (we check our mail everyday). The conciliation hearing had been scheduled for the 8th at 11am. I had no idea this was going on. Because I had not shown up my ex made false statements about me, saying I neglect my daughter, I'm unstable, she's in danger while living with me, I always go to the bar and get into bar fights etc. So, he was awarded what he wanted which is me only have her Tuesday after school until Thursday morning. He threatened to take me for child support if I try to fight this new order. My daughter is well taken care of. Every single day of my time I'm home with her, she is happy. Our agreement was shared for 3 years and always stayed the same and he all of a sudden changed everything without my knowledge. He has the mediator disgusted with my "behavior", although everything he said was a complete lie on my character. He stated that my fiancé and I physically fight constantly and he's scared for my daughters wellbeing, and that is not at all true. He has no proof of his allegations, it's all total hearsay. I have a plethora of pictures and videos of my daughter running around happy here, my home is clean and organized and poses no threat, my daughter is extremely well taken care of here and that is evident by all the things she's been spoiled with and her being well put together at all times. My iPhone logs my location and since December 24 I have been nowhere but stores, my past job, and my home during my time with my daughter. When I don't have my daughter, there has been a couple times I've gone out, but I'm a 24 year old adult and in no way raises eyebrows when I do decide to go have a night off and have fun. I'm not sure what my options are or what to do.

Your only option is to go talk to a lawyer. Find the one who you can afford. Most give free consultations. Then go fight that order.

And don't let him threaten you. You can do whatever you want and if that order is unfair, you can fight it. Let him file child support. Doesn't mean he will get it.

Back