FAIL TO STOP-DESIGNATED POINT

N

Nickparis95

Jurisdiction
Texas
Arrived at gas station, picked up a soda... Upon leaving I noticed 2 cars a significant distance away from where I was about to begin pulling out of, I noticed a green light as well, so I decided to just pull out and try to make the light.. The first car happened to be a cop.
Pulled me over, I apologized because I knew I was wrong, and began to explain that i had just left work & that I was just trying to get home, hoping he would just issue a warning... He didn't, wrote me a ticket for FAIL TO STOP-DESIGNATED POINT, and didn't give me an amount just a court date... Verbally told me the court date was the 4th of March, 2016.
Upon second review of ticket I noticed the ticket said the 8th of March, 2016. I'm not sure whether that has any credibility In Getting my ticket dropped, along with getting my eye color wrong on municipal summons form.
Even though I was wrong is there a possibility I could possibly beat the ticket, with a checking account balance of $0.11 cents, a $159.75 is kind of not happening... And I'm worried about my license, thanks!
Nick

Arrived at gas station, picked up a soda... Upon leaving I noticed 2 cars a significant distance away from where I was about to begin pulling out of, I noticed a green light as well, so I decided to just pull out and try to make the light.. The first car happened to be a cop.
Pulled me over, I apologized because I knew I was wrong, and began to explain that i had just left work & that I was just trying to get home, hoping he would just issue a warning... He didn't, wrote me a ticket for FAIL TO STOP-DESIGNATED POINT, and didn't give me an amount just a court date... Verbally told me the court date was the 4th of March, 2016.
Upon second review of ticket I noticed the ticket said the 8th of March, 2016. I'm not sure whether that has any credibility In Getting my ticket dropped, along with getting my eye color wrong on municipal summons form.
Even though I was wrong is there a possibility I could possibly beat the ticket, with a checking account balance of $0.11 cents, a $159.75 is kind of not happening... And I'm worried about my license, thanks!
Nick

You have MANY GREAT options in The Republic of Texas:

You could simply plead guilty and pay the ticket. DON'T DO THAT!

You could plead not guilty, and have a trial. DON'T DO THAT!

You could take an online traffic school. That's very cheap, a mere $25. When you complete the course, you submit the proof of completion, a certified extract of your driving record, and the citation will simply be dismissed. Yes, it'll be cleansed from your reord, as if it never happened. The cost for everything will be $25 for the school, $10-15 for the extract, and six hours of your time refreshing your driving knowledge.

You could ask for DEFERRED ADJUDICATION. It cost a bit more, about $100 more. If you're granted DA, you'll be placed on 60 days UNSUPERVISED PROBATION. That means if you don't receive a traffic citation during the 60 days, the court wipes the current charge off your record. You also avoid six hours online time, you're clean as a whistle.

As far as any mistakes on the citation, forget that angle. It's a waste of your breath and the court's time.

Good luck, mate.

Back