Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant facing warrent

Status
Not open for further replies.

brayana

In 2008. I was caught shoplifting at some wellknown outfitter, and I was arrested. First of all , I am not a citizen, back than I was on a student exchange program, and I had J1 visa. That happened day before I went home to Serbia, Europe, so I wasn't abble to see judge. All this time I spent in Serbia finishing my college, but I want to come back to US as turist, and I wanna know what should I do to make that stupidity right? I forgot to say, I was cought with some $20 Tshirt in one of my bags, and as I said I was arrested and after like 3 hours checking me out in thair computer police let me go with a summon which says I should appeared in some court in Manhattan in a month, which I failed to do cuz I had a flight next day...
Please help me what should I do when I come back to US. What I will face when I come back, and what adjudgment would might be?

There is likely a warrant for your arrest. If you return to states you are subject to arrest. talk to an Attorney to arrange your surrender so you can resolve this

It is unlikely you will be arrested for this warrant unless you come into police contact for some other reason. If you want to minimize the risk of an arrest then just stay away from the county where you got into trouble. Nobody is going to bother to extradite you on this petty offense.
If you want it cleared up then you will have to go to a law enforcement agency in the county where the warrant was issued and turn yourself in. It is still very possible you would not be taken into custody, rather issued another citation with a new court date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back