Facebook page removed and Likes transferred without consent

borderline

Jurisdiction
Other
Hi,
I run a fan site about a famous actress. I had also a very popular (and verified) Facebook fan page with 167,000 Likes . I had this Facebook page since 2010.

In March 2015 I received an email from this actress' management telling me they loved the Facebook page and they wanted to claim it since the actress was interested in growing her social presence and this would be an immense help in the process.
I replied back asking what exactly wanted but I never heard back from them again.

Two days ago my Facebook page was removed without any warning, notice, nothing at all from nobody not even Facebook.
While I thought it was a bug on Facebook I noticed a new Facebook page about this actress had been created, they just uploaded a profile pic and nothing else. I went back to that page and noticed the numbers of Likes were growing at an alarming rate, within no more than two hours it had accumulated over 160,000 Likes !! and automatically added myself and my friends ... this meant that all the Likes on my page were transferred onto this new Facebook page. And they removed my page along the process.
I can assume the actress management asked Facebook to remove my page and transfer my page Likes to their new page.
I think this is a vile thing to do, unfair and is this even legal without consulting me first? just removing my page at their own will and stealing all my Likes for their own advantage ?
I emailed the person who had emailed me in 2015 asking what was going on. I was told (and this is true) that they no longer represent this actress so they have no idea what happened.

I have since emailed the actress' publicist but she hasn't replied.

Also, I wasn't using her name on my Facebook page. The name I was using was the name of my website, the domain name on my site which not exactly the same as her name.
So where do I stand ? don't I deserve at least some communication and some kind of agreement ? because this feels like theft in broad daylight. Let alone disrespect and disregard for all the work and support I've done for this actress.
I have to say that I doubt the actress herself is aware of this wrong doing, I don't think she would approve taken my page like that. It's her social media management who doesn't care.

Thank you

ps. I'm based in London, the actress in LA and her social media management in NY

Last edited:
I suggest you contact FAKEBOOK administration/management and ask what happened.

Otherwise, not much you can do.
Why?
Well, you're in the UK, FAKEBOOK operates out of the US state of CA, and the celebrity's management operates out of the US state of NY.

I've heard that the capability exists to hijack certain desirable FAKEBOOK pages.
I'd bet $1.00 that your page was "jacked" right out from under your fingers!

What the elites want, the elites tend to take.

Read FAKEBOOK's ToS for greater details.

I suggest you contact FAKEBOOK administration/management and ask what happened.

Otherwise, not much you can do.
Why?
Well, you're in the UK, FAKEBOOK operates out of the US state of CA, and the celebrity's management operates out of the US state of NY.

I've heard that the capability exists to hijack certain desirable FAKEBOOK pages.
I'd bet $1.00 that your page was "jacked" right out from under your fingers!

What the elites want, the elites tend to take.

Read FAKEBOOK's ToS for greater details.

I don't think if I contact the admin of the new FB page will bother to answer. They know what've done

My case is against this social media management not FB. I think this company has done a despicable act when they could've just contacted me and I would gladly have helped in any way I could .
I'm pretty sure they hijacked my page. I heard cases when Celebs took over FB pages but the admins were at least contacted first
they are gonna leave me with no choice but to shut down my whole website. It's their lost as well because my site was giving the actress free publicity and it's professional and up to date and ranks top on Google

I don't think if I contact the admin of the new FB page will bother to answer. They know what've done

My case is against this social media management not FB. I think this company has done a despicable act when they could've just contacted me and I would gladly have helped in any way I could .
I'm pretty sure they hijacked my page. I heard cases when Celebs took over FB pages but the admins were at least contacted first
they are gonna leave me with no choice but to shut down my whole website. It's their lost as well because my site was giving the actress free publicity and it's professional and up to date and ranks top on Google

Hey, you're the BIG BOSS of you.

You're free to do whatever you believe will best protect your interests, mate.

I have an opposing opinion, but what the hey, I have no dog in your fight.

Good luck with whatever choices you make.

Try these links:
How to recover or claim a Facebook page that belongs to you | The Social Animal™ Blog
Retrieve Hacked Facebook Pages
My Facebook Fan Page Got Hacked Into, How Do I Recover It? - Forums
This one is very clever:

My facebook page was hacked [Solved]
Deleted as an Admin of my own Fan Page | Facebook

I already reported the page to FB , I filled a trademark form as well, but as we all know FB customer service is non existent so I'm not expecting any help from them

Facebook states that no one can operate a page for a public figure except an authorized rep for that figure.

You are allowed to run a fan page supporting the public figure, but Facebook states that it cannot mislead anyone into thinking it is endorsed by, representative of, or otherwise connected to the public figure.

It appears the public figure lodged a complaint with Facebook that you have an unauthorized page representing the public figure and demanded they remove it which it appears they have done. I don't know about transferring 'likes' or automatically connecting you to the page, that sounds fishy at best. All you can do is demand Facebook remove your association with the page. They haven't broken the law or even committed a tort because there is no damage to you for the action.

Civil courts give Facebook wide latitude in operating the company because it is entirely voluntary service which is free to you so even if they erase your page you haven't lost any money or damage.

Facebook states that no one can operate a page for a public figure except an authorized rep for that figure.

You are allowed to run a fan page supporting the public figure, but Facebook states that it cannot mislead anyone into thinking it is endorsed by, representative of, or otherwise connected to the public figure.

It appears the public figure lodged a complaint with Facebook that you have an unauthorized page representing the public figure and demanded they remove it which it appears they have done. I don't know about transferring 'likes' or automatically connecting you to the page, that sounds fishy at best. All you can do is demand Facebook remove your association with the page. They haven't broken the law or even committed a tort because there is no damage to you for the action.

Civil courts give Facebook wide latitude in operating the company because it is entirely voluntary service which is free to you so even if they erase your page you haven't lost any money or damage.
No, I wasn't misleading anyone. My page was named after the name of my website, not the name of the actress . In fact there are other FB fan pages named with the actress name. Those are misleading , not mine. But they haven't removed those. And I never posted as if I was the actress myself but in 3rd person

My page was very popular and they wanted my Likes and I'm referring to this case Facebook Will Transfer Likes from Fan Pages to Official Page Without Owner's Permission which is pretty much my case with the only difference I wasn't asked, I wasn't consulted .. they just removed my page and took my Likes for the new page .

Back