Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders facebook messages and statutory rape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

inthezero101

An ex friend of mine left his Facebook open and I came across messages of his with my just recently turned 16 year old sister. They both talk about him taking her to his house and she saying how she liked being in bed naked with him and her being his sex slave and him saying him describing how he likes to get her naked. I printed the conversation s and was wondering if it would hold up in a statutory rape case. He is going to be 25 in august and she just turned 16 in november. I had previously warned him that she was 16, and so has my other sisters. He ignored all warning and said we were lying. My 16 year old sister is now threaten king me saying shell tell police that I provided her with alcohol. What is my move on this?

I had previously warned him that she was 16, and so has my other sisters. He ignored all warning and said we were lying.

Did your sister say how old she was on fb? Did she say she was older than 16? Also need answers to Proserpina's questions. Thanks.

Short answer: CAN it be evidence of a crime? Sure. Will it be THE definitive evidence that would get him sent to jail or prison? Probably not. Absent some other proof of the sexual relationship, their communication might be alleged to merely be fantasizing. But, if she told other people about it the weight of a number of witnesses with first-hand knowledge MIGHT be able to make a case.

They might simply deny anything more than inappropriate chatting ... which may not even be a crime in your state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back