F Visa F1 visa will expire on Nov 18' 09,can i reenter US by Nov 10,2009?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarbeshkch

i came to US for MBA study in Jan'08 and my F1 visa will expire on Nov 18, 2009.I came back to my country in summer sem (for 40 days) with university's permission and returned back on June 15.So haven't attended Summer sem.I again returned back to my country on Sep 25 and have not enrolled for Fall sem 2009.I got travel I-20 and travel letter from university granting me leave upto Jan 08,2010.But later my university called me to inform me that my SEVIS will be terminated because i failed to register for Fall semester.
Now my question is:
1. Will my SEVIS be terminated?
2. If NOT, can i re-enter USA by Nov 10, 2009? Will the immigration officers deny my entry because my visa will expire by Nov 18?

What will be its consequences for other types of visa in future if i choose NOT to return?

Didn't the school inform you of the problem? From my understanding, if you don't register for classes then the school can terminate your SEVIS. If you look at most universities information pages, you'll see this. For example, you can see the University of Memphis on SEVIS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back