Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Extremely complicated...grand larceny?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexandertg6

this is from the state of North Carolina. This is a long and complicated story but I need some advice... background info: I was at a party on the night of the 18th with 2 people I knew, a boy and a girl (well call them Mohammad and Casey). The party was at Mohammad's house. Long story short Mohammad kept trying to "hook up" with Casey all night but she kept pushing him away because he had a girlfriend :no: and coming onto me (not the first time anything has happened between us). I had driven there but there was alcohol, so I got dropped off at home (around 12am) by Mohammad, as I did not want to drive(also I was not drunk, but I never drive with any alcohol in my system regardless of the level). Casey was in the car and when they dropped me off at my house, she got out and gave me a kiss. Also pertinent information is that I am also going to Europe in a few weeks and will be in Paris at the same time as Casey. A few hours later i received a very unpleasant email from Mohammad about how I was "trying to break them up", and how he found out that I was going to be in Paris at the same time as Casey, to which he said "the only way you will see her in Paris is over my dead body." The next morning I slept in at home (yes I live with my parents) and woke up around 11:30am. I tried to get a ride to pick up my car from friends, but I couldn't get one, so I had my mother drive me. This was about 1pm. She dropped me off in front of my car which was parked in the street, watched me get in, and followed me out of the neighborhood. I told Casey that I would give her a ride from work, so i met up with her and we spent some time together until about 5pm..ish. Then on the 22nd i got a call from Mohammad's mother saying that there was a briefcase in the master bedroom of the house on the second floor that got broken into, $500 was stolen, and there was pretty strong evidence that i was there when it happened. I asked about the time this happened, as i had not been in their house since the 18th, and I had not even been in the neighborhood since the 19th. She said this apparently happened on the 19th at 12 noon, and "someone" in the family who she refused to name identified me coming out of the room when it happened. She wanted to know if I had anything I wanted to tell her, and if not she was going to the authorities. I told her that i did not know anything about the theft, along with my actual location at the time. I also asked her to get the briefcase (where the money was apparently kept) dusted for fingerprints and volunteered to drive to the house and give mine, however she oddly refused, stating that "many people have touched that briefcase...". I also informed her of the current state of things between her son and I(that we weren't getting along, I left out the details as she was hardly in the mood to talk to me), and that she should be careful if the "someone" who said they saw me come out of the room at the time was Mohammad. Mohammad is also well known by pretty much all, including his mother, to be someone who...makes stuff up...a lot. Around the time I talked to his mother, I received a threatening text message from Mohammad about "breaking my jaw". Later that night i received a call from Casey who had talked to Mohammad and was rather distraught. She said that he called her and told her that I had stole $1200 (yes the amount jumped) out of a safe in his mother's room which i cracked open with a hammer. He also told her that he had a landslide of evidence against me including me on a security tape, along with many other things that were completely untrue such as that I sent him a text message asking him if he would be home between 11am and 1pm, and that I had left a shirt in the house, and asked if the door was open. To this he claims to have replied no he was not home and the door was open and I could go in and retrieve the shirt:confused:. I explained to her the truth, but soon after that I received another email from him that simply said "go die". Recently i talked to two more friends who both said that they were told what had happened by Mohammad, and how i had stolen $6,000:eek:, and that my fingerprints were taken off of the...safe? which i apparently still cracked open with a hammer, that I was caught on surveillance video doing it, and something about grand larceny. If all this wasn't enough, I received another email from Mohammad saying "higher a lawyer buddy... and good luck getting a job as a filthy thief and felon". This is getting ridiculous, and starting to drive me crazy. The lies about me don't seem to end, and I am sure my image amongst many of the people I am close to has been damaged. There must be legally something I can do whether criminal or civil. Also what kind of evidence would it take for their to be a trial? as I am not worried about a conviction obviously as nothing can be proved beyond that I was in the house at some point, but could this interfere with my plans to take my summer trip? Also I apologize for my unfamiliarity with criminal or civil law, should there be any unnecessary information or stupid questions in this post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back