Retaliatory Eviction Extra time to leave after eviction

Status
Not open for further replies.

myah

Hello, I was evicted from my apartment with my 9 month old daughter the judge gave us 14 days to be out I then filied for a stay of exicution tbat was denied. The constible came to my home and thank god he gave me 10 days from the first of febuary. I sti.l how ever do not have any where to go I have no family ghat are safe to stay with. My question is 1. Is there any thing else ican do to get more time to find a apartment? 2. Is does the land lord have to give me the security deposit back? We do owe him 3,000 so I know he can take it for that right? But I read that if I ask him for proof that he did not in fact put the sec deposit into a separate account then I can sue him for 3 times the amount the original deposit was 975 is this true if so how do I go about filing for it

What a terrible situation. I'm so sorry to hear. You may want to speak to the Massachusetts support services for homeless families. I don't know where you are now and am guessing that you're out. I wish there was more we could say that would help. You're fortunate to have received an extra 10 days, which is highly unusual once the constable or the marshal (depending upon the jurisdiction) comes to evict you and remove you from the premises. I don't know how you are in such a situation or where the child's father is and why he isn't helping. Yo do have a claim against him for child support, although that doesn't help you with your immediate problem. Good luck, wherever you may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back