Criminal Records, Expungement expungment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashleyhs

In 2009 I was convicted of petty theft and last year got it expunged. I am now trying to get my CNA license but the state says something came up on my background and I need to submit the expungment paperwork I got.

I went to the court and got it and it says convicted of
484 A pc misd
459 pc misd

I know 484 is the petty theft but what does 459 mean. Did I get charged with something else and not know.

The expungment paperwork says I have been dismissed of code 484 but something is still showing up on the background check. I dont know if its the 459 or not but I thought if I got expungment it wouldnt show on a background check.

From California

459 references disorderly conduct, specifically fighting, if I recall my CA police and criminal codes codes.
Google CA PC 459.

Governmental agencies usually see EVERYTHING, even expungements.

That just doesnt make sense because when I originally went to court the judge didnt say anything about that he just asked if I wanted to do a fine ans community service or jail time so I chose community service. And he said it was only a misdemenor since it was under 200. I didnt break into anywhere it was a store. I cant afford to consult a laywer who would I talk to to find out what all I need to do to take care of it. Self help at the court or could the clerks tell me.

That just doesnt make sense because when I originally went to court the judge didnt say anything about that he just asked if I wanted to do a fine ans community service or jail time so I chose community service. And he said it was only a misdemenor since it was under 200. I didnt break into anywhere it was a store. I cant afford to consult a laywer who would I talk to to find out what all I need to do to take care of it. Self help at the court or could the clerks tell me.

You've allegedly expunged one crime. You won't get to do another, nor could you have done both the first time.

Looks to me like you've been out fixed by the cagey old owl in the robe, or the weaselly old persecutor.

You should have asked for a public defender back when all of this went down.

If you had a public defender, try contacting him or her.

Last edited:
There are employers, licensing agencies, government agencies, etc. that can still see expunged records.

You don't have to break in for burglary to apply, you only have to enter the building with intent to steal. It does not matter that it was a store.
This should have been sorted out before you started any training. You need legal assistance to sort this out.

You don't have to break in for burglary to apply, you only have to enter the building with intent to steal. It does not matter that it was a store.
This should have been sorted out before you started any training. You need legal assistance to sort this out.

What would be the cheapest assistance. Would I be able to get a defennse attorney or any legal help that will base the pay off my income or wont be 100s of dollars an hour.

What would be the cheapest assistance. Would I be able to get a defennse attorney or any legal help that will base the pay off my income or wont be 100s of dollars an hour.

Try asking around, visit them and discuss it.

Most will see you free of charge for the first meeting.

Go, ask your questions.

In your case, what you seek may not be possible.

But, go, find out. There is where you get your precise answer, not here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back