Criminal Records, Expungement expungment of drug charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

kadea

My son was arrested a year ago on possession of marijuanna by wayne county sherrif department. The charges were droped three days later, and my son was free to go. Since then he has applied for jobs, and has been turned down because a drug felony charge is on his record. He realizes his mistake, and has been on the straight and narrow ever since. He would like to go ahead with his future, but this drug charge keeps getting in the way. He is young only 21 years of age and would like to join the military, and build a career. Could you please give us some legal advice on how to go about getting his record cleared of this drug charge. Thank You!
Sincerely,
KMN

I am going through the same thing. The case was dismissed in July, however, the letter of dismissal is still no help for me in getting back to work.
I am in the process of expungement. It is fairly expensive. However, because I presently have no income, legal aid is doing it for me. I don't think it is fair, you get charges dropped or dismissed and you have the mess still hanging over your head.
One more thing, it does take time...time for the hearing, time for them to notify all agencies involved.It is drawn out. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back