Criminal Records, Expungement expungment and background check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashleyhs

In 2009 I was arrested and charged for petty theft. Last year I turned in the request for expungment and it was approved. Now I am in school to become a CNA and on all the paperwork when it said if I was convicted of a crime I said no because I thought you can put that when you get a record expunged. My school is having us all get a live scan next week and im just worried it will show up and I will get kicked out. So I was just wondering if it would show up on the live scan or would it show I was convicted but not show the crime or will nothing show up. Its for medical field so im sure they do a good search just worried now.

Im im California if it matters.

In 2009 I was arrested and charged for petty theft. Last year I turned in the request for expungment and it was approved. Now I am in school to become a CNA and on all the paperwork when it said if I was convicted of a crime I said no because I thought you can put that when you get a record expunged. My school is having us all get a live scan next week and im just worried it will show up and I will get kicked out. So I was just wondering if it would show up on the live scan or would it show I was convicted but not show the crime or will nothing show up. Its for medical field so im sure they do a good search just worried now.

Im im California if it matters.

We don't have crystal balls.

The professor banned their use.

That said, YOU know what you did.

You know what will show.

I suggest you consult with a lawyer.

Expunged records are generally sealed at the state level, but that doesn't mean the FBI will honor the state law; usually the FBI just keeps on reporting all records.

The FBI takes no note of state court orders, generally.

If the FBI has your fingerprints, a record of any arrest, it'll usually be made known when people inquire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back