Criminal Records, Expungement Expungement

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmw63

Hello,
I am new to this and am not sure that I posted correctly but maybe someone out there can give me some good advice.

I went through a very bitter divorce battle in 2001. It lasted 3 years and only the attornies won. Her attorney was brutal and advised her to file domestic abuse charges and protective orders against me. It was eventually dropped because she felt bad about the situation.

Now, I am left with this on my record. I am a very concientious person and really don't want these false scars on my record. I spoke with an attorney and he explained because it is not listed as a "felony" they are not able to remove these from the online record.

Since I was innocent in this matter, I find it very hard to believe that nothing can be done to expunge these records.

It is quite embarrasing. Can anything be done? I live in Oklahoma.

tmw63 said:
Hello,
I am new to this and am not sure that I posted correctly but maybe someone out there can give me some good advice.

I went through a very bitter divorce battle in 2001. It lasted 3 years and only the attornies won. Her attorney was brutal and advised her to file domestic abuse charges and protective orders against me. It was eventually dropped because she felt bad about the situation.

Now, I am left with this on my record. I am a very concientious person and really don't want these false scars on my record. I spoke with an attorney and he explained because it is not listed as a "felony" they are not able to remove these from the online record.

Since I was innocent in this matter, I find it very hard to believe that nothing can be done to expunge these records.

It is quite embarrasing. Can anything be done? I live in Oklahoma.

There are lots of posts on this and you can search here for information. It makes more sense that if you weren't convicted of a felony you can remove the arrests. You can look here:

Title 22 O.S. §19

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/deliverdocument.asp?cite=22+OS+19

22 O.S § 991-c

That one says that the Oklahoma court has to remove the arrest from the web site index. Did you speak to the court at all that has this information up and the procedure? I would go there directly or call and not rely on the information you have.

exsponge

hello my name is toby, i live in memphis tn,i have a feloney on my record for theift over $500, around 1998 i was 18 im 26 now, i know i can't get it off my record but can i still get it exsponge i was on 2yr probation. im in school trying to work, but every time i tell the job i have a feloney, they do not call, can i get this charge to not show in my record, or can i talk to someone about it.thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back