Criminal Records, Expungement Expungement of Records

Status
Not open for further replies.

stacey_mae

I had a case in 2002 and it was dismissed my problem is the record does not say dismissed
i am up for a county job and my background check wont pass because of this I need an exspongment how do i take care of this??

Either hire a lawyer to take care of it, which will cost you about $1000-$1200 or you may get lucky and call your local D.A. and request an expungement form to fill out. However, if you don't know how to revise a legal form such as this and you don't know what avenues to send them (about 7 different offices need copies), then I'd hire a lawyer.

Where are you located? I can help you out if it is in Texas where you can either do an expungement (if dismissed b/c DA wouldn't prosecute for whatever reason) or non-disclosure if dismissed follow deferred adjudication (usually you can do it immediately if it is a Class C Misdemeanors, some though you may have to wait for 5 years and felonies you have to wait 10 years.) Thus, I would need to know more about your location, what was the charge, what severity (ie: Misdemeanor C), when did it occur, and what was the disposition of the case (ie: Dismissed b/c of lack of evidence, dismissed following completion of deferred adjudication, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back