Appeal, Pardon, Motion, Writ Expungement North Carolina of Contempt

Status
Not open for further replies.

classy

Hey I was testifying against a dangerous man who made me lose everything,my home ,my job and my financial aid.There was a time I couldn't afford to go to COURT (SERIOUSLY) and the judge knew I had no way of getting there I called and eveything but he didn't care obviously and he had a warrent for contempt of court and since I didn't show up the case was dropped sadly??? what should I do? can I get it expunged and how long should I wait because I was nevered subpoenaed but I just found out I had it on record.Should I wait to get it expunged and pay the fee I assume in NC it $500? or handle it now because I do not want to get arrested I never get in trouble with the law and cant go to jail.I have no income at all it was not my intensions to get in trouble.

Last edited:
Hey I was testifying against a dangerous man who made me lose everything,my home ,my job and my financial aid.There was a time I couldn't afford to go to COURT (SERIOUSLY) and the judge knew I had no way of getting there I called and eveything but he didn't care obviously and he had a warrent for contempt of court and since I didn't show up the case was dropped sadly??? what should I do? can I get it expunged and how long should I wait because I was nevered subpoenaed but I just found out I had it on record.Should I wait to get it expunged and pay the fee I assume in NC it $500? or handle it now because I do not want to get arrested I never get in trouble with the law and cant go to jail.I have no income at all it was not my intensions to get in trouble.

If a bench warrant exists because you were held in contempt of court, its not a criminal violation.
It is a discretionary sanction imposed against you by a judge.
Nevertheless, its a warrant that ONLY the issuing judge can recall.
That won't happen until you appear in court before that judge and begin the healing process by offering a sincere, humbling, and profuse apology.
The judge might have you held in a cell for a couple of hours to teach you respect for the court.
Or, the apology might be enough to let bygones be bygones.

There might be further sanctions the prosecutor is (or could) seek.

Bottom line, you can't just "call off" court like you do on a job.
It isn't easy to fix when a judge thinks you failed to respect the authority of the court.
Its not the end of the world unless they think you threw the trial to help a bad guy.

Anyway, good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back