Criminal Records, Expungement Expungement for hunting license

Status
Not open for further replies.

swwoody

My husband is 43 and is an avid bow hunter. Twenty some years ago he had a confrontation with an ex-girlfriends father. He was young,stupid and scared and he pointed an unloaded gun at him because her father chased him home. He would love to gun hunt but because of this felony,he isn't able to. He is so ashamed and sick about doing this that it took along time before he told me about it. I'm wondering what chance he has of getting this expunged from his record or because it's been so many years ,is there an exception that would allow him to hunt now?

My husband is 43 and is an avid bow hunter. Twenty some years ago he had a confrontation with an ex-girlfriends father. He was young,stupid and scared and he pointed an unloaded gun at him because her father chased him home. He would love to gun hunt but because of this felony,he isn't able to. He is so ashamed and sick about doing this that it took along time before he told me about it. I'm wondering what chance he has of getting this expunged from his record or because it's been so many years ,is there an exception that would allow him to hunt now?
You should always supply the state and the offense in your posts. Without doing so we can't help you since the law differs in every jurisdiction and some types of crimes cannot be expunged. Chances are that the felony will not be able to be expunged. I don't know if that would prevent someone from going hunting. As odd as that may seem to some, there are states with very liberal gun laws (although I'm not aware of all of them.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back