EXPEDIA hits again!

wedadbentz

Jurisdiction
Rhode Island
I have purchased at 6 am a round trip ticket online Boston/NewYork/DC while i was buying the ticket I made sure I buy the cancellation plan for the ticket, I paid and extra $19 dollars for it. At 9 am I tried to cancel my flight the computer won't let me so I called customer service he said he can't cancel it because it's a bargain ticket I cancel it...I spoke to the manager Mark and he suggested I call the insurance I did and they said they can't give a refund because they can't only Expedia can.

I called again and I spoke to the manager Alex he told me can't give a refund even though I paid for a cancellation fee ! he said my ticket doesn't have the cancellation refund option. It sure did have an option to purchase a cancellation plan!! I have an email to prove that. Please can someone help me and tell me if i have a case because I really want to take further actions.

They said they will not refund me the ticket money not even the $19 that I paid extra just in case i needed to cancel. I paid extra so I can cancel in case I have to. they said we're sorry your ticket is a bargain ticket it's not refundable. I was offered the cancellation plan while I was booking and I paid for it,

The Expedia Cancellation Policy you paid for is between you an Expedia. The airline doesn't have anythign to do with it. Read the policy you got when you bought it. Note that the cancellation benefit isn't universal. It requires it to be "due to your, an immediate family member's, travelling companion's, or business partner's sickness, injury, or death."

The claim needs to be immediately sumbitted to Expedia and their insurance contractor Berkeley.

My job meeting was cancelled because the person who was going to host the meeting can't make it. I did call Expedia and they denied me.

Please can someone help me and tell me if i have a case

Alas, I regret to inform you that you have no case upon which you could recover in a court of law.

You can, however, never purchase anything from any website or merchant who treats you unfairly.

can someone help me

Not sure what "help" you're seeking or think anonymous strangers on the internet can provide.

and tell me if i have a case

No one can intelligently tell you this without reviewing the documents relating to the transaction.

I really want to take further actions.

If you aren't getting anywhere with the owner of the web site through which you bought the ticket, you can dispute the charge with your credit card issuer.

I agree that your reason for cancellation likely was not covered by the plan. Go back and find the terms of the policy you paid for and read what qualifies for coverage.

They just gave me a refund for the cancellation plan but not the ticket!!!! it makes no sense! I paid for it so I could cancel my ticket in case my plans change. I guess it's over now

Back