executor getting power of attorney and does not honor the Will

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustinvernon04

Ok heres the problem/question... I had an uncle pass about a month ago.He named several family members in his will to inherit land and money.He was 86 years old had no children and his spouse is still living.He named a cousin of ours as the executor of the estate.This is what has happened.
The named exector got the will from the lock box and only let 2 other people read it which all was included in the will.He asked that no-one mention the will.But one of the ones that read the will made a copy and has showed it to her brothers which are all included in the will.Him(named execuor) and the niece of the widow talked the widow into granting them dual power of attorney since the niece lives several hours away.
Now it looks like they have decided to not honor the wishes of my uncle and they keep the property and money.None of my family is interested in the money although it is a large amount,but the property was all homesteaded by my family and my passing uncle always wanted to keep it that way.The widow is not completely if sound mind.She is still very sharp but does slip from time to time and as far as we know she has no idea that her husband left a will.
My uncle had a will of his own as well as his wife.It was not a joint will.Do we as a family have a leg to stand on at all in fighting this,or is this just luck of the draw?? Any help would be appreciated

You should speak with a local attorney about your concerns.

If you have a chance to stop this thievery and chicanery you will need an attorney to fight this for you.

If you believe a senior citizen is being abused or bamboozled out her property, report your concerns to the police agency where the woman resides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back