Executor Compensation

jbost

Jurisdiction
Georgia
I am executor (non-heir) for an estate - the decedent's home was sold after I had it remodeled and there was a profit. In GA there is 2.5% commission on assets coming in to the estate, 2.5% on funds paid out. Is the house, as well as his car, personal belongings, and stocks handled as assets coming into the estate (as of date of death) and then paid out when sold or transferred ? There is also a 3% commission on "property in kind" that is confusing.

I am executor (non-heir) for an estate - the decedent's home was sold after I had it remodeled and there was a profit. In GA there is 2.5% commission on assets coming in to the estate, 2.5% on funds paid out. Is the house, as well as his car, personal belongings, and stocks handled as assets coming into the estate (as of date of death) and then paid out when sold or transferred ? There is also a 3% commission on "property in kind" that is confusing.

Do you really want to proceed after obtaining FREE information dispensed by UNKNOWN (to you) parties?

According to the sources I found with a simple google search, the computation of the executor's compensation in Georgia is a relatively complex matter (as compared to other states). In my opinion, administering an estate is not a good do-it-yourself project (especially where the estate includes real property), and I strongly encourage you to retain the services of a local probate attorney (whose fees can be paid from the estate).

Back