excuse or a legit reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyrich23

I have recently been through a divorce and as far a seeing my now 3 year old son has never been a problem. My ex and I lived in the same city/suburb(Waukegan, IL.). About 9 month ago I moved to the City(Chicago) and now I don't see my son as much. I use to have him everyday...mon.-fri. and every other weekend. Now I see him ever other weekend, but my ex-wife won't let me take him back to my apartment in the city. In our written agreement, that she wrote up and we BOTH signed it states that I am suppose to have our son every other weekend OVER night. Of course it also says if she feels that he maybe in danger she doesn't have to let him stay. But not only does he not stay with me, I can't even take him back to my place. She says that the neighborhood that moved into is "too dangerous"! What does that even mean. I live in a good neighborhood. I even invited her to see my place and meet my roomate.
She let our son stay over one night in the last 9 months I've been in the city and that was Christmas! Can she legally do this? And if not, what can I say or do? I have court with her tomorrow morning. I recently lost my job a couple months ago and she's bringing me into court because I'm not paying child support. She wants all the money she can get out of me but she won't let me have my son stay over. What can I do? I love my son so much!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back