Exceeding safe speed in nc

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlesgib

I recently lost control on a snowy bridge and spun out hitting the side of the bridge. Cop came along and gave me a ticket for exceeding a safe speed per the conditions present. Should I get a lawyer to reduce the charges, pfj, or the cop said I could plead my case and they would reduce the charges. What say you as it was snowy I was only one involved and my insurance company took care of all damages.

Your time would be better spent taking a traffic school class, online. It is a great deal cheaper too, and less costly. They are also 100% effective in eliminating the citation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its in another county about an hour away that would only be effective if I could take it in my county.
You can take it on the internet at your leisure.

Q. Can I take this traffic school/defensive driving course to dismiss a ticket or reduce fines in North Carolina?
A. Some North Carolina drivers complete this course to remove a traffic ticket or reduce a traffic fine. After completing the course, you will receive your Certificate of Completion to provide to the court. Finish the course by 4pm CT (Mon-Fri) and your Certificate will be processed the same day! Check with your insurance company or agent - you may be eligible to receive an insurance discount too. It is always the responsibility of the student to ensure DMV/court/insurance acceptance of taking the traffic safety course.

What is this North Carolina online driving school?
Defensive driving in North Carolina has traditionally been done in a hotel room, restaurant or some other driving school location. Because of the internet, North Carolina drivers can now experience the convenience of online traffic school at Driving University. If an North Carolina court or your insurance provider is giving you credit for taking a defensive driving course, then why not do it online versus going somewhere all day long? It is the student's responsibility to ensure the insurance company, state, court allows the completion of defensive driving courses.

Q. How much does the North Carolina traffic school defensive driving course cost?
A. $29.95, which includes same day (Mon-Fri) processing of your Certificate when you finish the North Carolina traffic school defensive driving course by 4pm CT.

http://www.drivinguniversity.com/north-carolina-online-defensive-driving-traffic-school/

It actually says :eek:perate a vehicle at a safe speed greater than was reasonable and prudent under the conditions then existing, to wit (snow).

I would think I could plead my case to be dropped as the road was clear on one side and covered in snow on the other non visible side.

It actually says :eek:perate a vehicle at a safe speed greater than was reasonable and prudent under the conditions then existing, to wit (snow).

I would think I could plead my case to be dropped as the road was clear on one side and covered in snow on the other non visible side.

You are free to do anything you desire.
This is America.
You asked for advice, I gave you advice.

Prevailing on a traffic ticket in this country is very hard, even for a lawyer.
Statistically, 85-90% of people are unable to prevail in court.
On the other hand, 99% of people complete traffic school.
The 1% that do not, voluntarily decide not to finish.

Good luck in court!!!

You won't be able to argue it. The crash happened for some reason... most logically due to an unsafe speed for conditions. You obviously knew that it was icy conditions. Just because you can't see the snor packed on the road doesn't mean the bridge isn't iced over. I wouldn't waste my time trying to fight the ticket- it is legit and you won't get around it. Pay it and take the traffic school class to keep it off your record, its your best bet.

Do you have to pay court costs and driving school? And I did do the driving school thing about 7 years or so so I should be fine there.

Do you have to pay court costs and driving school? And I did do the driving school thing about 7 years or so so I should be fine there.
Contact the court directly. They will be happy to answer your specific questions.

Yes, you will have to pay the traffic fine PLUS the cost of the driving school. The driving school will keep your insurance rates from going up, so in the long run you will save money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back