Ex-Wife stalling our divorce...help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dq8863

My jurisdiction is: California

My ex-wife filed for divorce in August, 2008. I had moved out in February, 2008, after 24 years of marriage. The better part of the last 10 years was pure hell for numerous reasons. We have 2 sons over the age of 18 who are currently living with her in a small apartment. I have moved on, found the love of my life, and we are happy together, and anxious to move on with our lives. Our initial hearing was in October, 2008. We have very few communal assets and a ton of joint debt. The house we lived in has now been foreclosed upon. In the past year, I have tried numerous times to come to some type of marital agreement with her. Even offered her everything I had retained when I moved out. She continues to refuse all offers or even discuss anything without a sit-down face to face meeting. I am not up for this because whenever we are together, a shouting match ensues. I recently drew up a marital agreement whereby we retain all property now in each others possesion, and split the debt for the most part with me accepting approx $100,000.00 more of the debt. She has not responded to this offer. What can I do to get this thing finished!!!?? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I cannot afford an atty, nor can she! How long can she legally stall this?? She has not even disclosed all her retained property or assets. I'm sure she has no money, but doesn't she have to respond to me with some type of disclosures?? Thanks in advance....

I understand I should have a lawyer. I am currently unemployed and absolutely dirt poor broke. What I need to know is what form I need to file next to get back in court and have the judge resolve this so I get get to an ending. She (my ex) will not sign or acknowledge any agreements, or proposals. So, I have no choice other than to let the court decide what to do. Thats fine. Whatever they order is fine! I have nothing, so there is nothing to give. I just can no longer stand idle and let nothing happen. Besides, this is just tying up the system anyway. I'm sure they would like to get it off the books as well!!

Demand a trial. There are no "forms" per se, you just have to know what you are doing. Thus the attorney comment. Go to legal aide. They may help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back