Ex Parte Restraining Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

tagnil

Hi,

My ex claimed that (before we separated 4 months ago) she tried to call the cops, but I threw and broke the phone. Not true, plus she had her cell phone in her pocket. There was no phusical abuse either claimed by her, or any that occured period. The DA declined to prosecute. However, my wife still has a 3 year RO, as do her parents and brother. I have never, and would never, touched any of them. I have been arrested once, again the DA declined to press charges, because I dropped the kids off at their (all parties with ROs live together) new house instead of meeting my ex at McDonalds. I was very suprised to see the cops pull up, and it was clearly a setup.

How can I get the orders lifted? Please don't tell me to get a lawyer. I can barely afford gasoline right now.

I would think you would petition the court to modify that order. Probably wouldn't happen.

Other thing, have someone else drop the kids off! You could sit a block away if you have to travel far and don't wish to just send your kids off.

Document these things, with WITNESS'S!!

This may differ from state to state, but where I live, the ex parte order is only good for 30 days, then you should have had a hearing on the matter. Did this happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back