Ex-husband an Attorney

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcris

My wife's ex-husband is an attorney. They were divorced in 1995. We were married in 1999. Since then, he has been on a non-stop vendetta to make her life miserable. He is using his position as an attorney to file non-stop actions against her.

We have spent a considerable amount of money in defending her against these. He has engaged in a custody battle for their minor children as the ruse to harass her.

Unfortunately, according to her attorney, his case seems legitimate. It is, therefore, difficult to bring action against him for abuse of his position.

If anybody has thoughts on this or ideas on how to deal with this, I would appreciate it.

Originally posted by tcris:
Unfortunately, according to her attorney, his case seems legitimate. It is, therefore, difficult to bring action against him for abuse of his position. If anybody has thoughts on this or ideas on how to deal with this, I would appreciate it.
That's a real tough one and sorry to hear. :( If he has a legitimate case then it is difficult to say he is abusing his position, wouldn't you say? If he wasn't an attorney but hired one, then it isn't his position that he is abusing, just possibly common sense or decency.

With attorneys that actually abuse their position the best place to go is to the Bar Association and file a grievance. However, I would definitely not file unless this is absolutely an abuse of power. Remember that this is a person's livelihood and also you may subject yourself to liability if you don't file a legitimate complaint and merely intend to injure for revenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back