EX GIRLFRIEND HOLDING MY PROPERTY

Jon886

Jurisdiction
Florida
I broke up with my girlfriend five months ago and she still hasn't returned my good to me, the value is well above $500 I live in Virginia and it was a long distance relationship and going down to pick it up is unrealistic is there anything I can do?

You could instruct a friend or relative to get your junk.
You could ask your former friend to send it to you.
Most people would do it for friendship, others want cash.
If that wont work, forget about it, forget about her, and don't leave your junk on property not belonging to you.

So are you expecting her to drive your stuff to you or pay to have your stuff shipped? Forget about it. If the stuff is not important enough for you to go get, it sure isn't important enough for her to spend time and money on.

I'm with @txls and can't believe it. You traveled for a long distance relationship. You left your stuff at someone else's place of residence. What I'm not understanding is the statement "hasn't returned my good to me." The goods will be treated the same way going out of her place as they were going in - you or your representative will transport them from the place where they were left voluntarily. You can't even sue because you haven't made the effort to retrieve the goods. And in the event you leave them there and don't pick them up, the goods may be deemed abandoned and your ex-girlfriend may be able to dispose of them as she deems fit. So if the goods are important to you, make an effort. Either pick them up, have a friend pick them up, or offer to prepay her to ship them back to you.

Back