Ex GF Climbs On Top Of Former Boyfriend’s Vehicle. Former BF Drives Away Slowly - CPS Now Involved

Mike1225

Children Involved: Yes (No relation to BF)

Location of children: Sleeping inside ex girlfriend's apartment.

Legal guardian of children: ex girlfriend.

Age of children: 6yrs

Number of children: 2

Relationship duration: 2+ yrs

Incident Date: Roughly 3 weeks ago

Summary:

I walked away from a toxic 2 year relationship. Which I still struggle with at times. I never understood how someone could remain in an abusive relationship until I experienced it myself. She had many narcissistic traits. Enough with that...

My ex girlfriend continues to reach out to me.

I declined her last dinner invitation. Which led to a lengthy disagreement that carried over into the next day (e.g. @ 2am). The following morning, I suspected she had overslept when I hadn't heard from her by 10:30am. I knew she had to work at 11am. This was her second day back, after the state relaxed some of the covid-19 restrictions.

I drove to her apartment (arriving around 10:50am) and rang her doorbell until she woke up. She thanked me for waking her up. As she was getting ready, we had a disagreement and I invited myself out to avoid any further escalation. As I was leaving, She calls 911 and stated An ex boyfriend showed up unexpectedly (true) and was refusing to leave (false).

Now before I continue... She is a habitual cop caller. I never stick around either. Usually she calls 911 back after I'm gone cancels the call or feeds the police some BS. — I've never been contacted by the police in prior incidents.

However, the continuous cop-calling nonsense is exactly why I walked away 9 months ago.

The difference this time is, she decided to follow me outside, and climb on top of my car.

NOTE: I had no idea her children were home. It's not uncommon for her to drop them off with relative the night before.

ALSO: Its not uncommon for her to follow me (in her own vehicle), whenever I show myself the door.

I made the decision to drive away (very, very, slowly — think of a parade float), hoping she would climb down and walk home... I wasn't interested in pleading with her while she made a scene in front of her neighbors.

But, she didn't climb down. I traveled roughly 1 mile down a side street before I gave up. Another argument then pursued, resulting a very embarrassing scene, a cracked windshield, and fist sized dents in my car hood. I recorded most of this on my phone.

I couldn't reason with her. So I locked my doors and started walking down the road. She remained firmly seated on top of my car...

At some point, after I left, she returned to her apartment and was greeted by the police. Apparently she left her apartment door wide open while chasing after me, while her two sons were sleeping, unsupervised.

I'm now getting voicemails from Child Protective Service's. Apparently I'm listed as the perpetrator (no specifics given), and they want to speak with me.

I hired an attorney. Who thinks its a good idea to move forward with the CPS interview (at his office), in a controlled environment.

This worries me allot! I drove away with her sitting on my car. That can't be legal (regardless of speed).

Clearly the case worker is going to ask me how/why my ex girlfriend left her apartment...

I'm also concerned that I haven't heard anything from the police because they're waiting on the CPS report.

Attachments

• 5DA2C15E-B0C8-4507-91AC-3A2B4AF04B8A.jpeg
    5DA2C15E-B0C8-4507-91AC-3A2B4AF04B8A.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
No one here is going to be able to second guess your attorney. We don't have all the facts nor do we know what evidence there is what occurred. We also don't know what she told police or CPS. CPS's main concern will be the welfare of the kids. If they are not your kids then you are not responsible for them and you weren't the one who left them alone. Your attorney can review everything and advise you whether anything you did might be a crime and can advise you when to invoke your fifth amendment privilege, if that's needed.

But if you have no kids with this woman then I suggest you cut off all contact with her. She's your EX girlfriend and should be left in the past. Don't let her continue to screw up your life. You have the power to just ignore her, refuse to talk to her, refuse to engage with her in any way.

I'm going to echo the information given by (the attorney) Tax Counsel above. You have an attorney, listen to your attorney. If she's your "ex", and they're not your kids, then you shouldn't care if she's up on time for work or not. It sounds to me like she's not really an "ex", rather, she's just someone you no longer live with. Cut off all contact...period. Or don't. It's your choice, I suppose, but know that incidents like this (or worse) are going to continue to happen if you don't.

If the kids are not yours you should have no worries about speaking with CPS. Their job is to look after the welfare of the children and they are looking for information to help guide decisions regarding that.
There doesn't seem to be anything for you to worry about here.

If the kids are not yours you should have no worries about speaking with CPS. Their job is to look after the welfare of the children and they are looking for information to help guide decisions regarding that.
There doesn't seem to be anything for you to worry about here.
I disagree. The OP is wise to seek counsel, lest he inadvertently admit to committing some sort of crime relating to the children. Child endangerment isn't just limited to the parent(s) of a child.

If he was being investigated for a crime he would be interviewed by law enforcement, not a social worker. Granted, the social worker could notify law enforcement, but based on what is provided above there seems to be nothing to worry about here.

Also, there is nothing wrong with declining to be interview at all.

If he was being investigated for a crime he would be interviewed by law enforcement, not a social worker. Granted, the social worker could notify law enforcement, but based on what is provided above there seems to be nothing to worry about here.
You don't think that statements made to social workers can be used against someone in court?

Also, there is nothing wrong with declining to be interview at all.
The OP's ATTORNEY has already advised him to proceed with the interview, albeit, in the attorney's office.

I'm also concerned that I haven't heard anything from the police because they're waiting on the CPS report.

The following question is merely rhetorical.

Why on earth would anyone post a picture of a scantily clothed person, in an intoxicated state on a public forum?

Sheesh...

Children Involved: Yes (No relation to BF)

Location of children: Sleeping inside ex girlfriend's apartment.

Legal guardian of children: ex girlfriend.

Age of children: 6yrs

Number of children: 2

Relationship duration: 2+ yrs

Incident Date: Roughly 3 weeks ago

Summary:

I walked away from a toxic 2 year relationship. Which I still struggle with at times. I never understood how someone could remain in an abusive relationship until I experienced it myself. She had many narcissistic traits. Enough with that...

My ex girlfriend continues to reach out to me.

I declined her last dinner invitation. Which led to a lengthy disagreement that carried over into the next day (e.g. @ 2am). The following morning, I suspected she had overslept when I hadn't heard from her by 10:30am. I knew she had to work at 11am. This was her second day back, after the state relaxed some of the covid-19 restrictions.

I drove to her apartment (arriving around 10:50am) and rang her doorbell until she woke up. She thanked me for waking her up. As she was getting ready, we had a disagreement and I invited myself out to avoid any further escalation. As I was leaving, She calls 911 and stated An ex boyfriend showed up unexpectedly (true) and was refusing to leave (false).

Now before I continue... She is a habitual cop caller. I never stick around either. Usually she calls 911 back after I'm gone cancels the call or feeds the police some BS. — I've never been contacted by the police in prior incidents.

However, the continuous cop-calling nonsense is exactly why I walked away 9 months ago.

The difference this time is, she decided to follow me outside, and climb on top of my car.

NOTE: I had no idea her children were home. It's not uncommon for her to drop them off with relative the night before.

ALSO: Its not uncommon for her to follow me (in her own vehicle), whenever I show myself the door.

I made the decision to drive away (very, very, slowly — think of a parade float), hoping she would climb down and walk home... I wasn't interested in pleading with her while she made a scene in front of her neighbors.

But, she didn't climb down. I traveled roughly 1 mile down a side street before I gave up. Another argument then pursued, resulting a very embarrassing scene, a cracked windshield, and fist sized dents in my car hood. I recorded most of this on my phone.

I couldn't reason with her. So I locked my doors and started walking down the road. She remained firmly seated on top of my car...

At some point, after I left, she returned to her apartment and was greeted by the police. Apparently she left her apartment door wide open while chasing after me, while her two sons were sleeping, unsupervised.

I'm now getting voicemails from Child Protective Service's. Apparently I'm listed as the perpetrator (no specifics given), and they want to speak with me.

I hired an attorney. Who thinks its a good idea to move forward with the CPS interview (at his office), in a controlled environment.

This worries me allot! I drove away with her sitting on my car. That can't be legal (regardless of speed).

Clearly the case worker is going to ask me how/why my ex girlfriend left her apartment...

Just walk away. If she doesn't go to work - not your problem. You have no ties to her. You don't share children with her. You shouldn't have called her or gone over there at all. Stay away from the crazy.

You hired a lawyer - LISTEN TO YOUR LAWYER. That's what you're paying them for. I meant here's not even a question here. At all. So just do what your lawyer says.

And still, there is absolutely nothing wrong with declining to be interviewed.
It's entirely possible that the attorney will drop the OP as a client if the OP so blatantly disregards his (or her) advice.

If you decline to be interviewed then an attorney is hardly necessary anyway.
This would be more of client dropping attorney than attorney dropping client.
Keeping your big yappper shut is a tried and true best policy.

If you decline to be interviewed then an attorney is hardly necessary anyway.
This would be more of client dropping attorney than attorney dropping client.
Keeping your big yappper shut is a tried and true best policy.
If the attorney advises the OP to talk to them and the OP refuses, then the OP is not cooperating with counsel and counsel may very well drop him.

If the OP refuses to be interviewed he is in effect telling the attorney he does not need him. Im not sure the attorney can drop someone who has already let the attorney go.
This OP is likely getting juiced by the attorney, paying the attorney to host an interview that doesn't need to happen.
OP has nothing to gain by being interviewed.

Back