Criminal Law Ex-felon traveling abroad

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr3w5py

I wanted to travel to Japan this summer and when doing some research a website said that I can be denied "landing permission" if I have served jail time of one year or over. About 5 years ago I had served 1 year in the county jail. I am curious as to what are the odds of me being denied entry. Also, what other countries will deny me entry for travel? Is there any chance I will be denied a passport to start with? I really need to know as I planned on doing a significant amount of traveling and need to know if this will cause complications.

This is not legal Advice!

Hey,

I am not up to date with the immigration laws of Japan and how they react to ex felons??
To be honest i have not much time to research it for you either but i did take the time to reply with a site where you can find the information you require, so you can go and have a look yourself. www.embjapan.org

Take care

Mark.

The Japanese do not believe in being an ex-felon.

I was just denied entrance into Japan. Humiliating experience. I served 16 months on a charge in 1998. They did an instant hearing and then said no and charged me $100 dollars and put me back on a plane. Entrance questionaire asks if you have EVER been charged with a crime. I was honest and it was a disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back