Ex Boyfriend Suing over Money given

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvegart

This is long and complicated but will try to be as direct as possible.

My X boyfriend gave me money towards a parking place when I bought a condo. He also covered the ernest money and some closing costs. All totaling a bout 9 grand.

We were living together at the time and never had any agreement between us if we were to break up or in this case HE WENT TO PRISON.

At the time I did not know that he was selling drugs , He told me he worked construction. He was later convicted and went to prison for 14 months.

He has gotten out and to his surprise i dont want to be with him, which made him very mad. He thought we could just pick up where we left off and we he found out I was with someone else. HE went ballistic and has started sending me threats that he is going to sue over parking money, and more money that he feels entitled to.

Everysingle stitch of document is in my name, place, deed, parking, accounts nothing with his name which is now obvious why because of his dealings.

I tried to say ok I'll give you the parking place back or try to sell it just to be nice even though it was more of a gift that he wanted to park his car. He convinced me to do so, and I didn't even want to. There is actually no trail of him even giving me money except through my paypal account and cars that were sold (not ever in his name though).

I tried to appease him but he was just using this to see and talk to me and when h e didn't get what he wants (iE ME) he starting making mor eand more legal threats.

BTY I am on the verge of the hosue forclosing because I was unable to make condo payments without the help of a partner. SO I am foced to put it on the market and it may or may not sell before it gets forclosed.

He says he is trying to get the parking place anything given and says he paid for everything and has over 30K he is going to get me for. He has a lawyer retained ( and I recentley lost a restraining order hearing over him). Because he mad eup fake emails that said I love and miss him. Nothing with a date or even my em ail address on it. SO Im sure he is willing to falsify documents in his benefit.

I dont have the money to protect myself over this. I dont have any money and I will be lucky to get any money from the sale of the condo, maybe just enough for a apt, and deposit with breathing room of a couple months.

I tried to be nice and settle with him and offer to give him the money when the house sells and if it doesn't write the parking place which is paid for (BUT IN MY NAME). he said that was gonna be fine depending on whether or not he could reclaim closing costs base don the sale price.

He then said no he wante dme to sign a paper over to him that I will give him the parking spot in the event that it does not sell. I said Sure but that I want him to sign something that he wont come after me any more for anything else. and he said no.

That insited threats on his end that he was going to get me deported i am a resident alien attending school. He brought up the fact that when I bought the house to get the loan I changed the dates and balance of an account in colombia. I only did this because of his pressure. So He is going to bring this up in court saying that he know nothing about it even though he just wrote me an email saying that HE KNEW NOTHING ABOUT IT? but why are you telling me?

SO Im in fear about that? Its complicated, I dont have a lawyer I dont know how he can try to reclaim money from a girlfriend with nothing in writing and an understanding as things as him wanting to pay for it on top of that it was during a year he went to prison for prior drug dealing? can one reclaim lost drug money?

WHAT SHOULD I DO I AM SCARED LOST AND MISERABLE OVER THIS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back