Recovery of Premises Eviction

F

Florida?bo

Jurisdiction
Florida
So, we (myself & a witness) served a 15 day eviction notice to a tenant due to them breaking multiple parts of the least, and month without paying rent. They have since caught up on rent & I gave them another 30 to stay to help find a new place. A week before that 30 day grace period I receive a text message from the tenant stating they are not ready to move & already have a lawyer & are willing to fight to stay in the home , they will not put their children on the street. Can they just decide to stay & drag this through court? How do I get them out legally?

So, we (myself & a witness) served a 15 day eviction notice to a tenant due to them breaking multiple parts of the least, and month without paying rent. They have since caught up on rent & I gave them another 30 to stay to help find a new place. A week before that 30 day grace period I receive a text message from the tenant stating they are not ready to move & already have a lawyer & are willing to fight to stay in the home , they will not put their children on the street. Can they just decide to stay & drag this through court? How do I get them out legally?
The only way to get them out legally is to use the eviction process in conjunction with your state's laws that oversee such process.

Your tenant is right. If you are going to be renting you had better get familiar with the rights and responsibilities of landlords and tenants, as well as whatever language is in your lease.
Keep in mind that YOU do not evict anyone- only a court can do that. What you can do is ask nicely that a tenant obey the rules or otherwise move out to avoid legal action.
If they refuse to leave and you still want them out be prepared to go through the court, and you had better do it right or you will get kicked back to square one and start all over.

Back