eviction

Status
Not open for further replies.

laurieandbrian

:( I don't know if you can answer these but it would be wonderful if you could.

As of right now my husband and I are bieng evicted from our apartment here in Vancouver Wa and we need some advice. Let me give you the whole story before I ask the questions.

As of Sept 6th My husband and I recieved our eviction notice to either pay the back due rent or leave the premises. Well, after paying for the necessary things that we needed for our 10 month old son and groceries we were not able to pay rent and I did not want to tell my husband of this so I made up some papers that we did and I as of right now I am being investigated for fraud but no charges have been made. Well, we have recieved our eviction summons and our order to show cause notice on the evening of Sept 11th. Well, before that time that we recieved our letter our manager said that she would try to stop the eviction proceedings and give my husband an option to pay our back rent and would be able to stay at the end of the month, if we were to pay on Sept. 12th. That night on Sept 11th my husband and I struggled to borrow money from a family member to pay this. On the morning of Sept 12th around 10:30am I went into the managers office to give to our manager the money but she then said that she would not be able to take the payment and that we would have to leave the premises on Monday Sept. 15th.

Well, here are my questions that I do have:

1. Can they evict us right away?
2. What would be our best option to do at this point?
3. What will the side affect be on the fraud incident?
4. Do we have any special rights do to our 10 month old son that we have?
5. What is it about this written response that we need to put in?
6. We tried to take payment to the manager on the 12th and they wouldn't except it..Why not?
7. Can they evict on the day of the court hearing?
8. Can they bring up the fraud that is being investigated?
9. Can they legally evict us for non-payment even though our manager said that we had until the 12th to pay the back rent and then took back the offer?
10. If they do evict us, how long do we have from the court date to move?

If you could please contact me on this subject asap that would be wonderful.

Thank You,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back