Eviction of guest that has never paid any rent

Kayla311

Jurisdiction
Georgia
I have a mother and her young child that came to visit my ex-roomate on 2/4/18. While here she found out she was unable to return to where she is staying so she has been here since then. In this time she has not paid any rent. Her baby's father was released from jail on 5/9/18 and has also been here rent free. I told them that I need them to leave and she claims she has rights. I'm trying to see what I need to do, legally, in this situation since she's not technically a tenant, but someone I was trying to help out of a hard time. To compound the situation, they have been using drugs (meth) in my home and I don't feel comfortable in my own home anymore. I live on disability and can't continue to keep paying the increasing water and electric bills and now concerned I'm going to have to pay for a warrant just to get them to leave. It is a tough situation. I'm in Clayton Co. GA.

You allowed them to stay and they did acquire some tenant rights despite there being no lease and no payments. You need to evict them.
If there is drug use you can notify law enforcement. You might be able to seek a restraining order because of the unlawful activity which could get them out faster.

Back