Eviction Process Eviction of Family Member

Status
Not open for further replies.

edndee

I have a family member who is refusing to leave his Fathers house who is 91 years old and needs someone with him to take care of him because he needs medical attention for his dialysis treatment Family Member Does not pay rent. He is not available to take care of his dad when his dad needs to go to see doctors for his medical condition. He was given a 30 day notice to leave before the eviction process takes place so that me and my wife can provide the care her Father needs and family member is refusing to leave. He is sending threatening text messages if we go through the eviction process. His father allowed him to stay only because his wife threw him out and he said it was only going to be temporary until he finds a place to stay. Its been 9 months and he is making no attempt to leave. My wife and her dad have ownership of the home. My wife also has power of Attorney for her dad. Now family member is claiming that he is being harassed.

Make sure you understand the steps in the eviction process and follow them. Skipping a step can send you back to the beginning.

If there is any physical or financial abuse taking place consider making a report to law enforcement and social services as well as seeking a restraining order. That will get him out fast.

Meanwhile, ignore his tantrum and follow through with the eviction.

Consider helping him find a new residence or offering him some cash to get out sooner. Once he is out keep him out and change the locks. Make sure dad understands to not allow him back to the residence.

The legal steps for an eviction will have to be followed. You can do a google search for the process in Fl.

I have a family member who is refusing to leave his Fathers house who is 91 years old and needs someone with him to take care of him because he needs medical attention for his dialysis treatment Family Member Does not pay rent. He is not available to take care of his dad when his dad needs to go to see doctors for his medical condition. He was given a 30 day notice to leave before the eviction process takes place so that me and my wife can provide the care her Father needs and family member is refusing to leave. He is sending threatening text messages if we go through the eviction process. His father allowed him to stay only because his wife threw him out and he said it was only going to be temporary until he finds a place to stay. Its been 9 months and he is making no attempt to leave. My wife and her dad have ownership of the home. My wife also has power of Attorney for her dad. Now family member is claiming that he is being harassed.

It might be a good idea to take dad to your home until the eviction is final.
You never know, dad could get hurt if he's left there alone and helpless with a person behaving erratically.
You can Google "Eviction YOUR COUNTY, FL" for a step by step eviction in your county, as well as how and where to file.

Anyway, here's a general explanation of eviction for Broward County:

http://www.clerk-17th-flcourts.org/Clerkwebsite/BCCOC2/SelfService.aspx

http://www.broward.org/PermittingAndLicensing/ConsumerProtection/FAQs/Pages/LandlordTenant.aspx

http://www.pompanolaw.com/practice-areas/evictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back