eviction of ex boyfriend

lnich61c

Jurisdiction
New York
I live in nys. I rent and on the lease is listed my dtr and myself. her ex boyfriend lived with us on occasion. he was abusive towards my dtr and started with me. I gave him 30 days notice but on day 26 he shoved my dtr into the tub. I asked him to leave. on his request he returned my house keys but used my car for work. he was not listed on my lease and was illegally staying with me per my lease agreement. he never paid rent. I still have his belongings here and his threatening me with legal issues. I contacted the nys police and they said he doesn't have a leg to stand on and that I need to submit an eviction notice to the courts to get his stuff removed. do I have any worries.

I live in nys. I rent and on the lease is listed my dtr and myself. her ex boyfriend lived with us on occasion. he was abusive towards my dtr and started with me. I gave him 30 days notice but on day 26 he shoved my dtr into the tub. I asked him to leave. on his request he returned my house keys but used my car for work. he was not listed on my lease and was illegally staying with me per my lease agreement. he never paid rent. I still have his belongings here and his threatening me with legal issues. I contacted the nys police and they said he doesn't have a leg to stand on and that I need to submit an eviction notice to the courts to get his stuff removed. do I have any worries.

Have you filed yet? I'd go for a protective order concurrent with the eviction.

I tried for an order of protection but the police stated he didn't physically threaten us

I misread your OP and thought your daughter was a minor. It appears that your daughter is an adult. BOTH you and your daughter need to head to court. The police don't issue a protective order (order of protection)...the court does.

[h3][/h3]

Agree. Step one is a restraining/protective order from the court. At the time of an incident of domestic violence police actually will provide a temporary order after contacting a judge for you.

At this point you need to do it on your own. It is not difficult to obtain and based on what you said here you will likely get what you ask for.

These orders often include immediate move out orders which could fast track your eviction effort.

Back