eviction of a tenant

Status
Not open for further replies.

vampira

ma-i have a tenant which is tenancy at will.the other day they sent a rude a vulgar letter to me .i sent them a certified letter stating they have 1 week to apoligize or eviction would proceed.they sent me a letter back stating the would not and stated we had called them a name back in setember which we did not we told them to stop screaming at midnight inf ront of other tenants windows.please help i do nto know what to do from here.i have had other problems with them.this is not the first time.they do pay there rent every month on time but there attitude is horrible .other tenants have complained about them also.

If you have a tenancy at will then you can send them a 30 day letter at any time. I don't know what state you are in but, just to be sure, send them a 30 day letter that they receive prior to the end of a month (e.g. receive it November 28) and they will not be able to stay beyond December 31, the end of the rental period.

Note a couple of things:

1) You want to send any such eviction or termination letter via certified mail.

2) You may wish to discuss it with them since they may try to cause trouble for you and it will cost you to evict them.

3) Do not do anything prior to the end of a full rental month.

4) If you evict near end of year (Christmas/New Years), many marshalls will delay enforcement. It's almost like a holiday grace. They do evictions during the season when egregious. This is not law but seems to be somewhat common when I have been involved with evictions.

i live in ma
thank you for your reply
i did send them a 30 day notice and they actually moved out the next day i am just waiting for the keys to be given to me....they have not contacted me or spoken to me.they have until the first of december to give me the keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back